News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TrekBreak

Started by Eliana Tamerin, October 20, 2008, 06:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

I noticed a "problem" with part of the theme. I suppose it may be intentional, in which case it wouldn't be a problem. :) Anyways, the search box gets cut off on the right side. It looks weird to me, because it's not flush with the border of the header. If it were flush, I think it would look okay.

Anyways, I made a few code changes. You can check out the result if you like. If anyone is interested in the code, I'd be happy to post it.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

Eliana Tamerin

The search box isn't supposed to be flush with the header, that would look weird (to me).

And outside of the background image change, I don't see much of a difference with the theme on your site. Can you explain it or provide the code so I can see?
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

B

The only thing I was referencing was the search box. I moved and resized it to use the full background image. Originally, it was cutting off the rounded corners on the right side. I'll get some screenshots and post them to show the difference. :)

I really like the theme. *thumbs up* I've been trying to find a good Star Trek theme for awhile. So, thank you! haha

B

B

Okay, here is are a couple of screenshots.

The left side is from the demo site. The right side is from my site. I simply adjusted the search box to use the full background image. :)

B

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: B on January 06, 2009, 02:14:33 PM
Okay, here is are a couple of screenshots.

The left side is from the demo site. The right side is from my site. I simply adjusted the search box to use the full background image. :)

B

That doesn't show up for me (on the demo). What browser/OS are you using?

Download | Docs

B

I'm currently using WinXP and FF3 at 1650x1080. It showed up the same for me last night on another machine (WinXP and FF3 at a lower resolution - can't remember the exact numbers).

I just checked the demo site with IE7 on this machine, and it shows up correctly.

B

Eliana Tamerin

That's odd, it worked fine on Windows XP and Firefox 3/IE/Chrome/Opera. It worked fine on Ubuntu and Firefox 3. It works fine with Windows 7 (Beta) and Firefox 3. Weird.

Download | Docs

B

haha! Gotta love browser compatibility issues. ;) What resolutions did you test at?

B

NHWD

i likehow the colors look

Stygian

To make this work on SMF 1.1.x, a simple trick I used is to download the DarkBreak theme and then replace all the images and CSS with TrekBreak.  Works perfectly.

lizsan

Could someone help me fixing this theme to 2.0RC2? The theme is based on Daybreak which exist in the new 2.0RC2 version, but I can't transform it to Trekbreak.. I simply don't understand the CSS.

coucnilhomeswap

will this theme work in smf 2.0 rc3

bullbreedluverz

This theme wont work on RC3 but if you know a bit of coding then you could download the DarkBreak theme from DzinerStudio which this theme was based on and try add the changes to it from this theme

Burke ♞ Knight

Eliana Tamerin,

Like I've said before, this theme is great. However, right now, as I'm just getting back into things, there is no way I can update this myself for 2.0.4.
Is there a way you might be able to work on it for me? Please do if you can, because I really need to update my site to 2.0.4 instead of Beta 4.

@ Anyone else, if someone already did this, please let me know.

Thank you.

Burke

Advertisement: