News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF help, boards question

Started by devil9394, April 10, 2012, 05:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devil9394

Is it possible to make a board where the accounts could create a new topic, but not to be able to see it after completing it? I mean, a board where the content could be accessed by a desired rank, but everybody being able to submit an appeal.

I am asking for such a thing for the cases of reporting a user, appealing a punishment, or, why not, reporting some bugs.

Thank you for your time.

Robert.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

devil9394

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on April 10, 2012, 07:13:35 AM
These mods could probably be used for something like this, or at least could be modified to do this.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=687
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2474
Aren't there any other more recent ones? I've seen those but they aren't compatible with SMF 2.0.2, being bugged.

Oldiesmann

The 2nd one might work with 2.0.2, but it's no longer supported by its author.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Angelina Belle

devil9394, I'm moving this one to the SMF 2.0 support board.
It seems you want support using SMF, or need to find a mod.
In the end, you may need to talk to a mod author, or ask about some custom coding.

Perhaps you are looking for something like Simple Desk, a large helpdesk mod.  This allows the user to create a ticket, which the original poster can see the ticket afterwards, but only groups with permission to see helpdesk tickets can see them.

This is not exactly what you asked for, but I think it is close.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: