converting from QSF 1.5.1 to SMF - converter help

Started by tngold, April 10, 2012, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tngold

Hi,
I am trying to convert to SMF from quicksilver forum (newest version) 1.5.1 and the converter script on the download page is old..  For version 1.2.1 , and it is not making much progress. 

The conversion page shows this after the attempt:

Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Duplicate entry '634' for key 1

That is as far as it will go. 

Any thoughts on what I may need to change to get it going, or has anyone done a conversion script for this newest version? 
We recently upgraded to this new version, because we hated the old one, and this is no better. 
So, we need to change it to the SMF forum software. 

Thank you,
Tim  L

tngold

Ok,
I read through the only other topic I could find on QSF conversion, and it is real old.  None of the help mentioned on that thread applies now days.
I do see that it successfully imported the 6015 members, and the categories.  That is about as far as it got.

Thank you for any assistance,

Tim L

kat

Welcome to the forum, man! (Even if it is for something yukky).

Have a look at these:

=20]http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=search2;search=Duplicate+entry;brd[]=20

Maybe one of the fixes, in those, will be relevant?

tngold

Hi,
Yes, I have read through many many pages on that same search. 

There are a lot with errors like that, but I have seen no answers as to how to fix the issue posted. 

I tried repairing the db,, there were no errors. 
I tried also to remove the offending topic, and it did just what I expected...  errored on 635 now.    I saw others post to try that, and it didn't help the others either, but hey, it was worth a try, it was a non important post anyways. 

I tried reading through the sql file that came with the convert script, but it seems to be over my head trying to find what needs changed in it. 

The SMF forum is the only one I can find that even has a convert script for the quick silver forum, but it is so old...   
It may have worked before we upgraded to the new version, but that is a mute point since it is upgraded and there is no way back.  We upgraded a month ago trying to get more options...  Now we just need to move on, and SMF looks like a real nice forum program. 

Thank you,
Tim L

kat

You don't have a backup from when you were on the old version, I s'pose?

tngold

Hi,
No..  I had the backup for about a month when I got rid of it...  and going back that far would loose a lot of posts.  It has been a while back when it was upgraded. 
It looks like it was Feb 16th when we did the upgrade.  I thought it was more recent than that. 

But after it had been on my desktop for a long time, I deleted it...  and no,, it is not still in the recycle bin - I checked.  :-( 

Tim L

kat

I nearly suggested a few "Undelete" programs. But, if it was blatted nearly two months back, it's probably borked. :(

I'm at a loss, now, I'm afraid.

I'll give the support team a wave and see if anyone else has some ideas.

tngold

Thanks,
I am sitting here looking through the sql conversion file, but not seeing what might need changed for this new version of quicksilvers forum..   It would have been much easier for me say, 10 years ago, but I have not done any code mods in at least 7 years now, and rusty would be an understatement. 

If it would help,,  I could ask the club if they could pay someone to jump into this and update the conversion script for this version.  Then we would post it for others to use as they try to get away from that awful forum.   
What would be a fair amount? 
Any takers? 

Tim L

IchBin™

IchBin™        TinyPortal

tngold

IchBin™

Just letting you know I haven't forgot about you. :) I've got past the error you were getting, but am now getting an error on the poll options section. Will post a fix once I get things squared away.

tngold

sounds great.  I really appreciate it a lot. 

Tim L

IchBin™

Give these files a try. Let me know if you have any problems during. Or if you see any problems afterwards. Thanks.

tngold

Thanks a ton.. 
I will download it now, and give it a try tonight, or first thing tomorrow.

TiM L

tngold

Hi Ichbin,
All looks great.  Users, passwords all work.  Mod functions now work, where they didn't in our old forum. 

I did the data transfer this morning and have been in testing it out for a couple of hours.  The only error I saw was 3 avatars did not upload to the new forum.  No biggie, they can upload them on the new forum and they will be good to go.

The errors flashed and then went away, but they are in the error log. It said completed, and all looks good.

The error is here:
[18-Apr-2012 14:20:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /home/coker/public_html/avatars/uploaded/14.avtr in /home/coker/public_html/forum/convert.php(1253) : eval()'d code on line 4

[18-Apr-2012 14:20:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /home/coker/public_html/avatars/uploaded/4640.avtr in /home/coker/public_html/forum/convert.php(1253) : eval()'d code on line 4

[18-Apr-2012 14:20:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /home/coker/public_html/avatars/uploaded/6989.avtr in /home/coker/public_html/forum/convert.php(1253) : eval()'d code on line 4

Looks like just a file size issue. 
From what I see, the transfer script worked flawlessly!! 
Post it to the public and others will be glad to get away from that quicksilver forum. 

We will test the rest of the day, and when satisfied we will do the data dump again with the new data from today, and go live with it.

Thank you sooooo  much!!!   This is such a better forum it isn't funny.

Tim L

IchBin™

Awesome tngold. For the filesize errors you posted, can you check to make sure if those files exist on your server? I think it fails to find those files, which is why it shows those errors.

tngold

Hi,
You are correct.  Those files are not in the directory they should have been in. 
So, I guess it is just if someone had their own avatar image uploaded, they may need to re-upload it.  Still, no big deal at all. 

That is all we have found wrong, out of 3+ hours testing things out, so that is outstanding!! 

We were all worried all users would have to get their passwords reset, or sign back up again, but this looks like it did everything we could have hoped for.   My club president is happy as can be. He loves how fast this forum is compared to the old one too. 

One feature we didn't expect is that the large images posted on our old forum are now displayed as clickable thumbs..  that is great!

I will make sure he comes here and submits a donation from the club for getting this script going, and to help support the forum growth.

Thank you,
Tim L

kat

tngold

Hello IchBin,

Seems things were going well, then for no apparent reason we started having errors. 

It has been long enough to notice a few things were not working, and in trying to get them to work, even more broke...

Example:  The rich text editor has never been there.  I finally found where to have it checked to work, in the themes members options.  However, nothing on that page stays checked after I mark to change and check the box. 

i tried downloading and installing a different theme to see if it was perhaps a theme issue from the transfer, but it is doing the same thing.  We can approve and deny/delete/ban new members,,,  but the spammers keep coming in even with the security captcha at its highest setting. 

The main issue at this point, and we did nothing when this happened..   we can read the posts, but you can not make a new topic or reply to a post.
It gives the error: 
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

Again, this is not in a quick reply,, because it is the only reply we have.  It is just plain text that is going in.  I tried things like hello, or tt or hh,,,  nothing will submit.

The sites error log shows this is coming up when trying to submit:
File does not exist: /home/coker/public_html/forum/Themes/default/css/print.css, referer: http://cokercreekgpaa.com/forum/index.php?topic=821.0 [nofollow]
of course the referring topic/thread is not important.  It will not submit at any time from anywhere.

This happened Saturday, and I was able to restore it from the day before's backup.  This happened again yesterday, or I noticed it then, but when I went to restore it, it did not make any changes.  Again, we did not do anything that created this issue, it just happened out of the blue.

I have tried the core, default, and sunset themes, and all have the same results with everything listed above.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction?
I have seen a ton of posts about the  message body being empty, but all seem to pop up for a different reason and nobody put in a fix that I could find.

I can pm you an admin account to our forum if needed. 
Again, it is at http://cokercreekgpaa.com/forum [nofollow]

Thank you,
Tim L

Advertisement: