News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] Menu Editor Pro

Started by Matthew K., April 10, 2012, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Okay guys, here it is.

I finally decided it's time to begin serious development on Menu Editor Pro, as it's been quite some time since I released Menu Editor Lite.

Anyone interested in helping test it? It will be required that you have a development environment to test it on, off a live site. I will have an open SVN to view, and also weekly package builds for those who can't use a Subversion client such as Tortoise SVN.

I would also appreciate anyone that uses it, to help me track bugs and request features on an official forum and bugtracker for Menu Editor Pro that I am currently setting up.

Development Forum: http://menueditor.labradoodle-360.com/index.php
Bugtracker: http://menueditor.labradoodle-360.com/index.php?project=1
SVN: http://code.google.com/p/menu-editor-pro/

The code structure I currently have is old, although I do intend on still using it as a base to rewrite from.

Thanks!

Yngwiedis

Hello :)

I can be a beta tester and i can help :)
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

Ron Austin

Matthew K.

I'll have information on how to get started within the next 10 minutes, then I'll also begin committing revisions :)

Matthew K.

See original post for details :)

Robert.

I can help with testing too. :) Just a question though, wasn't it supposed to be paid-only?

Matthew K.

It was going to be, but it's not anymore, for multiple reasons. Jump on the dev site then :)

NanoSector

Yeah, count me in. I love such mods :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 11, 2012, 11:25:06 AM
Once again, register on the dev site and jump in :)

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 11, 2012, 11:33:35 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 11, 2012, 11:25:06 AM
Once again, register on the dev site and jump in :)
Already registered under "Scruffs", time to take up a new username :P
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Robert.

I've registered as "IJskip" btw :)

Matthew K.

Great to hear guys. Do yall have it running locally yet? Also be sure to checkout the tracker.

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 11, 2012, 11:37:19 AM
Great to hear guys. Do yall have it running locally yet? Also be sure to checkout the tracker.
Is there a package available?

* Yoshi2889 runs to the site to grab a copy

Matthew K.

No. Just an SVN and a bugtracker for now :P

Robert.

I've installed it but it gives me a white page lol :P *医生唱片骑师 is going to check what caused it*

NanoSector

Installed & getting this error:
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/Library/WebServer/Documents/smf/Sources/menu_source/Subs-Main.php' (include_path='.:') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 4078

Can't seem to find a menu_source dir either. Am I supposed to run this over Menu Editor Lite? :P

Matthew K.

Let's move any error discussion to the dev forum please.

live627

heh, I registered and littered your tracker with comments.

Matthew K.

trekkie2444

How's this coming along? I need the hooks part that the lite doesn't offer!

Matthew K.

Not put any time to this lately. Wouldn't necessarily be difficult, just too much time would be needed.

trekkie2444

So it's not going to be happening? I really could see this being one of the most downloaded mods, too.

Matthew K.

If it does happen, it'll probably either be thrown into the core of SMF 2.1, or I'll release it as a paid modification on SMFHacks.

live627

smfhacks? That sounds like vbgamer's corner :P

Matthew K.

I am a programmer for him now.

Advertisement: