News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

additional permissions very important

Started by mayk_12, April 10, 2012, 08:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayk_12

I need additional permissions

user : can Writing topic and see their own topic only In this section

user : Can't see the other topics In this section

these permissions are found in other forums

i need these permissions in SMF

These permissions are very important

Type Forum  : SMF 2.0.2

thanx

mayk_12

kat

Two bumps in nine hours...

Boy, are you gonna be popular.

We're all in different timezones and we're all volunteers, here.

If we can help, we will, when we can.

The more you keep bumping your topic, the less likely you are to get a response.

mayk_12

Quote from: K@ on April 11, 2012, 08:17:29 AM
Two bumps in nine hours...

Boy, are you gonna be popular.

We're all in different timezones and we're all volunteers, here.

If we can help, we will, when we can.

The more you keep bumping your topic, the less likely you are to get a response.

but I do not find solutions here !!!!!

i want to know this is possible or not in your forum

i requested support from yesterday

and you tell me this ??

thanks I do not want you to help

Chalky

Of course there's no reply.  Imagine you're in a supermarket doing your regular shop and there are two children needing assistance.  One is throwing a tantrum, rolling on the floor screaming blue murder.  The other politely taps your arm and says "Excuse me, please could you help me" and waits patiently for a response.  Which one are you inclined to help first?

There is no 24-hour support monitor here refreshing their screens all day long, just waiting to answer questions from people like you and me.  We are relying on help from people with full-time jobs and families and kids to collect from school and dinner to prepare and bills to pay and marriages and divorces and real life crises.....  they very kindly give up what time they have left to help us when they can.  So you would be well advised to be patient, as K@ told you, if only you had taken notice instead of getting stroppy.  There are plenty more of us waiting for support from these kind people and the tantruming child won't get the help any quicker  ;)

mayk_12

Quote from: Sabrinova on April 13, 2012, 11:44:43 AM
Of course there's no reply.  Imagine you're in a supermarket doing your regular shop and there are two children needing assistance.  One is throwing a tantrum, rolling on the floor screaming blue murder.  The other politely taps your arm and says "Excuse me, please could you help me" and waits patiently for a response.  Which one are you inclined to help first?

There is no 24-hour support monitor here refreshing their screens all day long, just waiting to answer questions from people like you and me.  We are relying on help from people with full-time jobs and families and kids to collect from school and dinner to prepare and bills to pay and marriages and divorces and real life crises.....  they very kindly give up what time they have left to help us when they can.  So you would be well advised to be patient, as K@ told you, if only you had taken notice instead of getting stroppy.  There are plenty more of us waiting for support from these kind people and the tantruming child won't get the help any quicker  ;)

yes man But this topic of three days

It is old and there is no response

mashby

Why not use the other forum software? Mind also providing more specifics behind the needs? I came across this which might suit your needs.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=365647.0
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

mayk_12

I need additional permissions

user : can Writing topic and see their own topic only In this section

user : Can't see the other topics In this section

these permissions are found in other forums

i need these permissions in SMF

These permissions are very important

Type Forum  : SMF 2.0.2

thanx

Suki

@mayk_12 Again, please stop creating new topics for the same issues.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Advertisement: