Where is the option to disable quick reply located?

Started by doggiestylesaustin, March 23, 2012, 06:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doggiestylesaustin

I have been having trouble with the way the quick reply displays on my forum in Chrome and Firefox. I have decided to just disable it. I know I saw it somewhere but I have been looking for an hour under every option and I can't find the dang disable. I know it is there. Can anyone tell me where to find this option in the admin section?

kat

Profile>Look and Layout Preferences. :)

You can turn it off, globally, in theme preferences. But, I'd let your members choose, for themselves, in case they're using a proper browser. ;)

doggiestylesaustin

Thanks I was having a heck of a time finding that option again.

Drover

I'm looking for this too, and not seeing it in the theme preferences.  I want to turn it off because for some reason the quick reply field is huge and is running off the right edge of the page.

kat

Have you been to Admin>Current theme>member options>Reset all members' current options for this theme?

It should be there, second from bottom.

Unfortunately, this is one of those options that you'd expect to be global. But, it's not. You have to do it for each theme, individually, I'm afraid.

Drover

Grrrr...I changed it and now my theme disappeared from the list entirely!

Drover

And I before it disappeared I set on "don't show at all" but it's still showing!

kat

Advertisement: