News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error convertion

Started by carlospok, April 14, 2012, 11:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlospok

I upload the sms2-0_invision2.3_converter (my IPB use 3.3.0.. but it's the same)

And the converter tell me this error

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 2.3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'wwwmundo_new'@'localhost' for table 'ipb_members'

I look own and

his converter assumes you have already installed SMF and that your installation is working properly. It copies posts and data from your "source" installation of Invision Power Board 2.3 into SMF, so it won't work without an installation of SMF. All or some of the data in your installation of SMF will be overwritten.
If the two softwares are installed in separate directories, the Database account SMF was installed using will need access to the other database. Either way, both must be installed on the same Database server.

I need the installation files of smf?

Colin

The issue seems to be with the mySQL user for your IPB mySQL database. Can you verify that is correct please?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

IchBin™

The issue is likely that your SMF database user that you use for mysql cannot access the database that you have IPB installed in. You need to grant the SMF database user access to that database. If you don't know how to do that, I would contact your host and ask if they can show you.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Colin

If your host runs cPanel please follow the steps below:

To define a user's privileges:
Under Add User to Database, select a user from the User drop-down menu.
From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to which you wish to allow the user access.
Click Add.
From the MySQL Account Maintenance screen, select the privileges you wish to grant the user, or select ALL PRIVILEGES.
Click Make Changes.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

IchBin™

Thanks Colin. Somehow I just realized I missed your post before mine. Sorry I didn't mean to make it seem like you were ignored or anything. lol

Colin

Hey, no worries at all. (I didn't take it like that  :)) In fact you clarified my response with regard to the actual mYSQL user not having permissions for the SMF database.

Colin

carlospok

Now tell me:

Converting...
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT
m.id AS id_member, SUBSTRING(m.name, 1, 80) AS member_name,
m.joined AS date_registered,
IF(m.mgroup = 4, 1, IF(m.mgroup = 3, 0, IF(m.mgroup > 5, m.mgroup + 3, 0))) AS id_group,
posts, m.last_visit AS last_login, SUBSTRING(m.members_display_name, 1, 80) AS real_name,
SUBSTRING(me.yahoo, 1, 32) AS yim, m.msg_total AS instant_messages,
SUBSTRING(mc.converge_pass_hash, 1, 64) AS passwd,
SUBSTRING(mc.converge_pass_salt, 1, 5) AS password_salt,
SUBSTRING(m.email, 1, 255) AS email_address,
IF (m.bday_year = 0 AND m.bday_month != 0 AND m.bday_day != 0, CONCAT('0004-', m.bday_month, '-', m.bday_day), CONCAT_WS('-', IF(m.bday_year <= 4, 1, m.bday_year), IF(m.bday_month = 0, 1, m.bday_month), IF(m.bday_day = 0, 1, m.bday_day))) AS birthdate,
SUBSTRING(me.website, 1, 255) AS website_title,
SUBSTRING(me.website, 1, 255) AS website_url, me.signature,
SUBSTRING(me.location, 1, 255) AS location,
SUBSTRING(me.icq_number, 1, 255) AS icq,
SUBSTRING(me.msnname, 1, 255) AS msn, SUBSTRING(me.aim_name, 1, 16) AS aim,
m.hide_email AS hide_email,
IFNULL(m.email_pm, 0) AS pm_email_notify,
SUBSTRING(IF(me.avatar_location = 'noavatar', '', me.avatar_location), 1, 255) AS avatar,
'' AS lngfile, '' AS buddy_list, '' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels,
'' AS personal_text, '' AS time_format, '' AS usertitle, '' AS member_ip,
'' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer, '' AS validation_code,
'' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, '' AS member_ip2
FROM `wwwmundo_ipb`.ipb_members AS m
LEFT JOIN `wwwmundo_ipb`.ipb_member_extra AS me ON (m.id = me.id)
LEFT JOIN `wwwmundo_ipb`.ipb_members_converge AS mc ON (m.id = mc.converge_id)
WHERE m.id != 0
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:
Table 'wwwmundo_ipb.ipb_member_extra' doesn't exist

(I use 3.3.0 because is an automaic actualitation of the 2.3 but in this actu, the DB not changes what i can do?)

Colin

It looks like you are missing the table noted in the error it was renamed. Can you take a look and see if that table does in fact exist?

Colin

IchBin™

Please don't PM for support carlospok. As Colin pointed out, it looks like it can't find a table in your database. It's hard to understand your post though. Sounds like you are trying to use the 2.3 converter for IPB 3.3.0? You should use the proper version number for the converter to your IPB install.

Which version of IPB are you using?
Which version of the converter script from SMF are you using?

carlospok

I need, a converter for the 3.3.0 version... i look it and there're only to the 3.0.0 in the IPB forum and in downlands only 2.3 :S

IchBin™

Looks like we don't have a version for 3.3. If the 3.0 converter doesn't work, you'll have to wait until we can get one updated. Sorry.

carlospok

Colin

There isn't a release date as of now. Sorry.

Colin

carlospok

Advertisement: