News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

undefined index errors--maybe about email functions??

Started by DarkAngel612, April 13, 2012, 11:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

[13-Apr-2012 18:01:46] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  server in Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 622

[13-Apr-2012 18:01:46] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  utf8 in Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1257

[13-Apr-2012 18:01:46] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  utf8 in Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1259

[13-Apr-2012 18:01:46] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  server in Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1279

[13-Apr-2012 18:01:46] PHP Warning:  preg_replace() [<a href='function.preg-replace'>function.preg-replace</a>]: Compilation failed: invalid UTF-8 string at offset 8 in Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1279

How to fix?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

TheListener

Dark Angel the errors are within your Subs.Post file.

What was the last thing you did on the forum?

Which language is the forum?

If you would please attach the file to a post i am sure one of the experts will have a look through for you.

Colin

Are you having any functionality issues that you have noticed or are you simply just getting the errors?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

DarkAngel612

well yes I am as a matter of fact...been getting a mysql error off and on that occupies the entire error_log which is found in the server amongst the forum files.

NEVER got that error until I upgraded from 1.1.19 to 2.02 and have had smf for over 5 years through 2 hosts

my host took a look at the error and enabled the function to log slow errors ( something like that) then today turned that function back off cause it rendered no  errors....btw the procreating error is gone again probably due to return in a day or so.

I even uninstalled all my mods, manually removed every single smf file then reupped fresh files then installed mods again...that got rid of many undefined this and that errors.

My host says that there is probably a bug in this version of SMF that is not showing up right and with all the others that are getting it he may/may not be on to something...I have a vps with 4 forums all 2.02, same mods, same setup yet only 1 forum is having the issues.

And now these new errors I think have to do with the sendmail function and I can't find where to set -- in admin-- from php to smtp.

What happened is I got (the procreating error that hogs up and entire document making it huge) :
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=471886.msg3310193#msg3310193

that is my thread but I have also been answering at another posters thread...all to no avail for any of us with this error

about wysiwyg editor: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=473864.msg3312694#msg3312694

as for this time...what you see typed here did not even show up in admins error log ONLY on the servers error_log file

Not sure what is going on, no thread to post from my forum cause it does not happen when posting. Now at this moment there are several more undefined index: label for the default GenericMenu.template.php it occured earlier when I was in admin looking for where to set the email preference and it happened when I went into the admin for security settings.

forum: http://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php
default language is English

as I said this has been going on with undefined index error ever since going from 1.1.19 to 2.0.2, I am at a loss of what to do

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Colin

You can use SMTP by configuring it in Admin -> Server Settings -> Feature Configuration
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

DarkAngel612

sorry but not in the admin section anywhere...this is admin/server settings

lurkalot

For SMF 2

Admin > Maintenance > Mail > Mail Settings

DarkAngel612

can I please tell you how many times I looked in each and every section --- through all sublinks and saw that nowhere at all

Thanks, well, it is set already to smtp, forgot that is what hostgator advised me to do when we started with ATT banning our notification emails to our members...claimed they were spam.

phooey now lost again as to what to do...and hostgator checked settings for site and server and said all is right so it must me something with smf...but they are also at a loss why only 1 forum and not all of them...lol

what can I say, tis a site like the developer---a total lunatic.

thanks Lurksalot.

Colin

Colin

Advertisement: