Pruning inactive members + upgrading to a newer version

Started by Kitarist, April 13, 2012, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitarist

Yep i'm also using the same version and looking to upgrade to the latest one.

What about just installing the latest version of SMF and then importing the database? Is there any converter that converts old style database to the newest one so it would work properly?

Also does anyone know how to delete all inactive users who never logged in using phpmyadmin or a simple mod? (doing this manually would take loads of work)

Thanks!!!!

Robert.

Kitarist

Does anyone know a command to delete all inactive users who just registered and actually never logged in in phpmyadmin?

If i upgrade will my theme and mods still work? Also is it possible to just do a fresh install and just import the database (topics,users...)?

Thanks!!!

Robert.

NanoSector

As far as I understand the question, that script doesn't take care of users who haven't logged in. It does take care of zero-post members and a few other occasions.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Robert.

Try forum maintenance -> remove inactive members. :)

Kitarist

Not sure if the 1.1.4 has that option..

Do you maybe know how to do it in phpmyadmin?

I'm actually talking about members who have activated their accounts but they never logged in.

Thanks!!!

NanoSector

Okay, I'm going to split this topic as it's going another way :)

Can you upgrade to 1.1.16 or 2.0.2, now? I dunno about 1.1.16 but 2.0.2 has that option built-in.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kitarist

Well i dont want to update right now as i'm not sure if the old theme and mods will work with the newest version.

Robert.

They won't, but you can install new mods and themes. :)

NanoSector

Most mods and themes have updated versions already that work with the latest versions :)

Kitarist

Can you please change the topic to something like upgrading the forums and also deleting users who never logged in. Because some have their accounts activated but they never logged in.

Also do you maybe know how to run a command in phpmyadmin to delete those members? Or also deleting members with signature who have 0 posts.

Thanks!!!

NanoSector

Sure, changed in a second :)

I don't know any command in phpMyAdmin that could do this, though, sorry :(

Robert.

Try these ones:
DELETE FROM smf_members WHERE posts=0 AND signature != ''
DELETE FROM smf_members WHERE last_login=0
Read my sig though.

NanoSector

Kitarist

I just ran the DELETE FROM smf_members WHERE posts=0 AND signature != '' and it did delete all those users but my forum is still showing that i have for example 8000 users while in reality i have now around 2500 or so.

I tried to import the database  to put it back where it was but it says some error about duplicates. Can i just delete the whole database table and then import?

Thanks!!!

Robert.

You need to clear your forum cache and recount all statistics. ;)

NanoSector

You can find both at Admin > Maintenance > Routine

Kitarist

Thanks it worked!!!!

Anyway i'm getting this message also so i would probably need to edit the php file. Its probably because of the digg mod i installed long ago. I keep gettings this error.

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined variable: diggFirstMSG
File: /home/kitarist/public_html/ceriatoneforum/Themes/classic/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 95

So what shuold i do hm should i just check this line to see whats going on.

Robert.

Advertisement: