FancyPosts

Started by NanoSector, April 14, 2012, 01:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 18, 2012, 10:05:29 AM
I'll add an align=center/right/left option to the [menu] and [buttonlist] tags in the next version :)

You'll ding dang do for me  ;D

FrizzleFried

I'll add an align=center/right/left option to the [menu] and [buttonlist] tags in the next version :)
Awesome.  This was going to be my one "request"...

Well... one of two.

Anyway to do smaller bars?  Like a [smallbar] tag.... so that the bar can be defined as to how wide it is to go?  Maybe something like [smallbar=50%] or something that would produce a title/catbar that is 50% the width of the forum?

NanoSector

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 18, 2012, 01:31:19 PM
Awesome.  This was going to be my one "request"...

Well... one of two.

Anyway to do smaller bars?  Like a [smallbar] tag.... so that the bar can be defined as to how wide it is to go?  Maybe something like [smallbar=50%] or something that would produce a title/catbar that is 50% the width of the forum?

Sure, that's possible :)

Also added to my to-do list for the next version :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

Sorry for taking so long, I've got a new version ready :)

Version 0.3:
+ Added "align" parameter for [menu] and [buttonlist] tags, accepts either "right" (forcing right) or "left" (forcing left)
+ Added "width" parameter for [catbar] and [titlebar], WARNING due to a bug in the way SMF parses parameters, you should use them like this:
[catbar icon=http://blah.com/icon.jpg width=50%]Test[/catbar]
and NOT like this:
[catbar width=50% icon=http://blah.com/icon.jpg]Test[/catbar]

Or else it will not display the icon or apply the width.

Updating the package first, then adding info into the post/page. I'll edit this post when I'm done uploading the package :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

FrizzleFried

Taking so long?  Ha!  You're quite fast.

Question:  Can the Force LEFT or RIGHT be used to center the button/menu?

NanoSector

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 19, 2012, 01:42:54 PM
Taking so long?  Ha!  You're quite fast.

Question:  Can the Force LEFT or RIGHT be used to center the button/menu?
Heh, thanks :P

I couldn't get that to work as of now, but if I ever get an idea for it I'll add it into the mod :)

Version 0.3 is uploaded by the way.

FrizzleFried

Any way to add the width option to the "frame" options to match the catbar/titlebar options?   I realized that would be a huge addition when I reduced the sizes of my titlebars and it looks funky above the rounframes below them...

Also... THANK YOU.  This mod is making my life a LOT easier frankly.

NanoSector

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 19, 2012, 01:51:13 PM
Any way to add the width option to the "frame" options to match the catbar/titlebar options?   I realized that would be a huge addition when I reduced the sizes of my titlebars and it looks funky above the rounframes below them...
So you mean like [roundframe width=50%]? I'll add that in yet another version (glad I'm using hooks lol) :)

Also... THANK YOU.  This mod is making my life a LOT easier frankly.
Glad to hear that, thanks :)

Thanks for all the input so far!

If someone has an example of the mod being used (and being useful) in public, don't be afraid to post it :)

FrizzleFried

My forum is private so I can't post a link but I can post a couple screenshots... work in progress of course...

Once you enable size options for the roundframes,  I think i may go in and attempt to set it up with two "windows" side by side...

NanoSector

You can do so already with tables :)

[table][tr][td]BBCode for first box here[/td][td]BBCode for second box here[/td][/tr][/table]

Thanks for posting these images, though! the BBCodes look nice in their new home :)

FrizzleFried

You can see in the one image that a nice centered menu bar would help out.  :)

Though the option to reduce the frame sizes may actually help as well... if the BUTTON remains within the frame,  reducing the size of the frame would go a long way in making the button less "out of place"...

NanoSector

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 19, 2012, 03:24:29 PM
Yeah, indeed. Though you can do that with [center], [left] and [right] too so I don't think it would add much value to add a parameter for it.

Though the option to reduce the frame sizes may actually help as well... if the BUTTON remains within the frame,  reducing the size of the frame would go a long way in making the button less "out of place"...
Yeah, I'll probably release another version tomorrow which adds the "width" parameter to all BBCodes.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 19, 2012, 03:28:30 PM
Yeah, indeed. Though you can do that with [center], [left] and [right] too so I don't think it would add much value to add a parameter for it.

Unfortunately the CENTER BBC code doesn't work for the menu buttons from your code... I tried.

Yeah, I'll probably release another version tomorrow which adds the "width" parameter to all BBCodes.

Awesome!

NanoSector

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 19, 2012, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 19, 2012, 03:28:30 PM

Unfortunately the CENTER BBC code doesn't work for the menu buttons from your code... I tried.
Oh, yeah I'm aware of that. I'll try to fix that ASAP :)
Probably also fixed tomorrow, lol.

FrizzleFried

Also... after some testing... what I want to do isn't possible as the mod is currently written.

[catbar width=25%]TEST[/catbar][catbar width=25%]TEST 2[/catbar][catbar width=25%]TEST 3[/catbar]

I was hoping the above would put 3 CATBARS on the same line side by side.  I was going to then do the same with the [roundframe] code when you added the width option... essentially creating 3 equal size boxes with category bars above each side by side.  Unfortunately what is happening with the above code is I am getting 3 catbars on 3 lines with a carriage return between each.

Is there a way to get the catbars/titlebars (and by extension the frames when you do them) to be on the same "line" rather than requiring a break between?

Thanks!

NanoSector

You can use tables for that :)

Sorry I didn't get to the mod today, had a pretty busy and ill day.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 20, 2012, 06:09:54 PM
You can use tables for that :)

Sorry I didn't get to the mod today, had a pretty busy and ill day.

I really need to learn how tables work...

:)

NanoSector

NanoSector

I'm about to put up yet another release:

+ Added [width] tag. You can use it like [width=15%] or [width=15px].
+ Added width parameter to various BBCodes (don't remember which ones, sorry)

Post will be edited again.

EDIT: Uploaded again.

Jessica.

is there a way to update without having to re-install the mod all the time?
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Advertisement: