[Develop] Extra top/side Drag & Drop Menu with menu manager

Started by OnzeDanny, April 17, 2012, 01:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnzeDanny

REMOVED

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Matthew K.

Maybe look at Menu Editor Lite? And the plans for Pro...

Matthew K.

Even my Menu Editor Lite can add new buttons, modify existing buttons, or remove buttons. It's powerful, and it's the lite version.

My pro version is a decent way into development, it's mainly time to iron out the bugs, rewrite the code that's old, and add a couple of new features. The pro version will be able to do anything you could think of for a menu. Furthermore, you will be able to modify some of the menu items inline using AJAX and no page loads.

Matthew K.

So this isn't for the SMF main menu? It's a separate menu? Many functions for modifying the menu will be completed via AJAX in the pro version of my modification.ß

Robert.

Nice! :) I'm going to use this on my forum (once I have one again) for sure :D

Matthew K.

Users need more of an intuitive form of modifying button order. I achieved ordering in Menu Editor Lite using "Before | After | Above | Below" and then a separate select that was populated with the actual menu items - "Before Home" etc.

Menu Editor Pro will most likely having instant order modification ability using AJAX and drag'n'drop.

Matthew K.

I perfectly understand that, I was showing correlation between my suggestion and how it was done in something I wrote as an example.

What I'm saying is even a one page editor doesn't need arrows, you could use select boxes or ajax.

Matthew K.

I would suggest using some sort of background colour and border for when you're dragging an item. I'd also suggest allowing you to move an item to main level from sublevel with dragging.

Robert.

Tony_R

Hello !

I'll be using this Mod when it's finished,
because Menu Editor Lite is causing too many Errors !

Keep Up the Good Work

Robert.

Actually this mod creates an extra menu like the one at the top of this site (that one with Home - Community - Download - ...). :P Am I right ClickSafe? :)

Matthew K.

Quote from: Tony_R on May 08, 2012, 02:51:28 AM
Hello !

Keep Up the Good Work
If you've found ANY errors in Menu Editor Lite, kindly post them in the support topic so I can fix them? I've not seen or heard of any bugs.

Tony_R

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 08, 2012, 11:56:45 AM
Quote from: Tony_R on May 08, 2012, 02:51:28 AM
Hello !

Keep Up the Good Work
If you've found ANY errors in Menu Editor Lite, kindly post them in the support topic so I can fix them? I've not seen or heard of any bugs.

I have posted, as requested, 1 Error (from 167 !) in the Support Thread.

Matthew K.

Stay on topic...? Chill dude, you'll get your attention.

MovedGoalPosts

This extra top menu looks interesting.  I could create my own simple css dropdown type menu, but I'd fall over with integrating it to with the forum user permissions.   If this menu can be used to integrate with content that is linked from added pages in portals or the forum itself, with links that are only available based on the user's right to view content, it could be a great tool.

Advertisement: