We need our unsubscribe button fixed ASAP and I pay top dollar!

Started by wynnyelle, April 17, 2012, 06:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnyelle

Arantor's unsubscribe from Topics function suddenly is not working on my website. I can pay quite a lot of money for a fix.

wynnyelle

They hit the button on the thread, but it does not disappear from their recent replies list.

emanuele

Common questions:
1) what did you change recently?
2) errors in the log?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

wynnyelle

Seems like this only works for boards on the "Default" permission setting. It won't work on our others.

I have not changed or done anything recently.

Arantor

I seem to recall the change being permission based. If it's only on forums in the default profile that would imply permissions weren't set for the others.

wynnyelle

Yes...no they probably were not. :P

Would they be easy to set?

Oh, and thank you for responding!

live627

You would need to copy the permission profile, so that you can actually edit it. SMF won't let you edit the ones it came with, save the default. Quite complicated.

wynnyelle

This would be custom permission profiles we did. Out of the ones SMF comes with, we only use Default--the rest we made ourselves.

Arantor

So change them from the permissions area... you will be able to set the permission in there readily enough.

wynnyelle

They are already set to allow it. The members still can't do it.

Arantor

And you set that for all the relevant groups in all the profiles you use? (And to be sure, all the other profiles too)

Failing that, what does the report say for permissions by board?

wynnyelle

You mean the error report? I do pick up errors saying that the the member isn't allowed to unsubscribe from topics in this board, or something.

Arantor

No, I mean the permissions report. There's a facility for listing what permissions everyone has in every board.

Oh wait, I forgot, in SMF 2.0 they made it a Core Feature to be turned on and off, despite the fact that when it's off the only 'performance saving' is the fact there isn't a menu item for it in the admin area and of course people can't use it...

Turn Reports Generation on in Core Features then you should see a new Reports field appear somewhere in the admin panel (I forget exactly where) and in there you will be able to get a list of every permission held by every group for every board.

wynnyelle

Okay. Would that cause performance issues? How long should it be left on?

Arantor

Considering that it consumes absolutely nothing while it's on and only consumes any resources if anyone creates a report (which is an admin only function anyway) it really really doesn't matter.

I long since removed it from Core Features and left it on anyway because it doesn't cause any performance headaches whatsoever. If anything it causes more work being 'optional'.

wynnyelle

I knew I was forgetting an update to one of my threads, this is it.

I've determined that the mod fails only on boards that are not set to default board permissions. Any of our custom ones, it doesn't work. The button is there but the topic never leaves the unread replies. My members cite this as one of their chief annoyances so would you be interested in fixing this for me? I can pay.

Arantor

So, did you take a look through the permissions? This still sounds as though you haven't set permission for it in any profile other than the default.

wynnyelle

Yes, I have and I have the permissions set the same for all of my board permission sets. Unsubscribing from a topic isn't something we would want to prohibit on any board, after all.

Advertisement: