News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Imbedding facebook videos in posts

Started by koupe377, April 18, 2012, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koupe377

what mods are there so I can play/imbed facebook videos in posts?   

I found kermits mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1548 It hasn'tbeen updated since december 2011. Is it ok to use? has anybody have any problems with it?

TheListener

Yes Kermits mod is okay for 2.0.2 using the mod emulate (in my sig).

Also available if you have the use of a gallery and youtube videos is Aeva Media.

koupe377

So I have to use the Emulate for kermits Facebook Video BBC to work.

TheListener

Possibly.

However you may get lucky and have it install without needing to emulate.

koupe377

Is there any other way to get facebook videos to work oor if Facebook video BBC it?

TheListener

Not without a mod no there isn't.

Do you require assistance installing the mod?

koupe377

I can install the mod. It just seems like its not that good of a mod if it can't stand on its own and I have to install another mod with it. Also does he plan on doing and update for 2012?

Also Aeva media is a mod to add a picture gallery?

EDIT: I mean If i have to use Emulate with it. I just saw that Emulate is already built into smf2.0

EDIT 2: Didn't mean to say its not a good mod. Just for me personally I don't like having to do a bunch of extra things just to make one other thing work.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TheListener

Think there maybe some slight confusion here.

No ya don't have to install another mod with this one.

Aeva Media ( Sorry Frog  :) ) is a gallery and video embedder in one.

Have a look at the broadstarradio link in my signature.

The gallery is open to guests.

koupe377

Ok VBG. cool I just looked at it and it has youtube too. I'm all about the K.I.S.S. method. The less mods I have to instal the better.

koupe377

OF I meant with kermits i might have to use mod Emulate but then I saw that Emulate is actually built into SMF 2.0.0 however I don't really want to have to use a bandaid ie Emulate to get it to work either.

and your saying that with Aeva Media I can embed facebook videos?

TheListener

Just checked for ya and yes Facebook is in the list.

koupe377

I looked on the mod download page for it but did not see it. IOK I will review all of theses and figure out which one will be best for me

koupe377

vbgammer at some point can you add the video site streetfire.net to the list of websites?

vbgamer45

Quote from: koupe377 on April 20, 2012, 01:27:41 AM
vbgammer at some point can you add the video site streetfire.net to the list of websites?
Yeah I can. I just need example links and I can add them to the system.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

koupe377

This is the embed code for a video from streetfire

<object width='670' height='377' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' id='SFID016554228495806456'><param name='movie' value='http://www.streetfire.net/flash/SPlayer.swf'; type='application/x-shockwave-flash' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='wmode' value='transparent' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='FlashVars' value='video=7afcba85-f1a9-4d19-b771-9ff3007944c8&servicecfg=386'/><embed src='http://www.streetfire.net/flash/SPlayer.swf'; flashvars='video=7afcba85-f1a9-4d19-b771-9ff3007944c8&servicecfg=386' allowfullscreen='true' wmode='transparent' width='670' height='377' allowscriptaccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'; /></object><br/><a href='2013-shelby-gt500-hot-lap-at-virginia-raceway_2373967.htm'>2013 Shelby GT500 Hot Lap at Virginia Raceway</a>

koupe377

VBG Now what. I have added your mod and ticked facebook and youtube videos. I'm kind of annoyed though that there's no instructions on what to do next. I've have tried everywhich way to put a video in a post. I guess its something easy and everyone knows how to do this, but i can't figure it out.   I find it odd that no instructions come with this to tell us what code or how we need to enter it in the post. I have put video urls, video embed codes, tried a [facebook] bbc code and nothing works. Its it possible to give some instructions with the mod? Nothing is working. I must be an idiot.

koupe377

VBG when you get a chance can I get some tips on why this isn't working for me. I have both the facebook and youtube radio buttons ticked. I have put facebook video and youtube video direct link url's and imbed video urls in posts but its not working.

I have smf 2.0.2

Colin

From what it sounds like you should be able to simply enable the services in the manager then simply copy and paste the embed code in the post body.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

koupe377

I enabled the services already. Its just ticking the boxes next to what you want. I have facebook and youtube checked. I have put the imbed urls in to posts. Its not working.

Colin

Another way to do it would be putting the embed code in between

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

koupe377

Colin

Woops I forgot that the bbc will be taken for this post as well :)

Here you go:

[html]
......EMBED CODE HERE......
[/html]

Colin

koupe377

koupe377

Hahahahahaha!!!! It works. :) Thanks Colin Only tried it for facebook so far but that's all I need for now

Colin

Glad it works for you. Be sure to let me us know if you have any other questions. Have a fantastic day. *Topic marked as solved.

-C

Colin

Advertisement: