Made new mod for smf v2.0.x "Vimeo bbc_code Mod"

Started by Pipke, April 20, 2012, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipke

Link to Mod

Made this mod as nobody has made it sofar, and we needed it for our own website and i think others will use it too.

This mod will add a BBC tag:  [vimeo][/vimeo]  where you can post your vimeo urls and it will be converted to a video directly in the message.
(with this mod you dont need to have aeva installed.)

Vimeo Embedder BBC Mod by Pipke(AdemaStudios)

Description

For SMF 2.0.x

This mod will add a BBC tag:  [vimeo][/vimeo]  where you can post your vimeo urls and it will be converted to a video directly in the message.
Uses SMF hooks wherever possible to avoid file edits.
In the settings you can enable/disable the mod, set the width and height for the video as well as play it automatically on load and more possibilities,
currently the mod support the following vimeo urls:

vimeo.com/{ID}
www.vimeo.com/{ID}
http://vimeo.com/{ID}
https://vimeo.com/{ID}

License

* This SMF modification is subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this SMF modification except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/

Settings

- Admin->Configuration->Modification Settings->Vimeo BBC

Languages

-English/utf8

Have fun with it.

"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

TheListener

Pipke

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 20, 2012, 01:30:33 PM
Er ya know Aeva Media can do this?

:-X

i know but with aeva it doesnt work right away with the bbc tags in the post, with aeva you must first add your video to the media/aeva section  on your site before you get a bbc code url. btw with this mod you dont need to have aeve installed on your website.
Hope this mod will be approved for adding on the mod download section here on site.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

TheListener

Quotewith aeva you must first add your video to the media/aeva section  on your site

This is in fact incorrect.

QuoteHope this mod will be approved for adding on the mod download section here on site.

Have you submitted the mod?

Pipke

i get error when i try to submit a mod:

An Error Has Occurred!
We have detected that your package id contains spaces. Please remove the space and reupload the file again. The correct format is authorName:modName

i dont have any spaces in it? and how do i add then an id?

authorName:modName <-- what does that mean, i cannot fill in that anywhere on the form?

TheListener

Ya gonna have to ask one of the experts sorry.

Pipke

mod submitted. see first post for the download link.

Advertisement: