SMF2.0 ERROR

Started by babalola olasehinde, April 23, 2012, 06:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babalola olasehinde

pls i urgently need help . i am having too many footer links in my forum havilah.info so i decided to uninstall all the mods via the package settings in the admin panel but i am still seeing the following mods links in the footer eveb though i have uninstall the mod

Copyright © 2012 havilah forum - INFORMATION EMPIRE
Concept3 by MGCVisuals
SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Mods by SID Giessen
Referrals System by CreateAForum.com

pls what can i do? also under MODIFICATION SETTINGS in the admin panel in Miscellaneous i am seeing too many black space without a name and in the front of each,i can see a box to check or uncheck

is there a mod that can correct any error in the admin panel or what?

thx alot

ziycon

Its quite possible that the authors of the mod don't remove the credits at uninstall. Are you sure that the mods are completely uninstalled, if so you'll have to manually remove the credits. Mods shouldn't add links to your footer anymore as they should be added to the credits page but if these are older mods then that rule wasn't enforced prior to approval.

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: ziycon on April 23, 2012, 07:03:23 AM
Its quite possible that the authors of the mod don't remove the credits at uninstall. Are you sure that the mods are completely uninstalled, if so you'll have to manually remove the credits. Mods shouldn't add links to your footer anymore as they should be added to the credits page but if these are older mods then that rule wasn't enforced prior to approval.

i am sure i completely uninstalled these mods from the package section in the admin panel. pls what is the solution now and how do i manually remove the credite.thx

ziycon

Have a look in Subs.php in the source directory. ;)

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: ziycon on April 23, 2012, 08:49:01 AM
Have a look in Subs.php in the source directory. ;)

thanks very much for your prompt response , pls i have search and search in the subs.php but cant find the line and below is my attached Subs.php

thx

ziycon

If there's nothing there try looking in the index.template.php file in the theme your using, look for,
Quotetheme_copyright()

Advertisement: