News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

URGENT!!! FORUM GONE???

Started by Ruddy Kitty, April 23, 2012, 11:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Alrighty. Let me know how it works.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Ruddy Kitty

After trying to upload it, it gives me this:

import.php: Missing parameter: import_type
import.php: Missing parameter: format

Colin

Can you email me your SQL dump please. Email is in the sig.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Ruddy Kitty

Colin

Colin

Colin

That is not an SQL dump! Looks like a manual copy and paste of some text in forum posts.

Colin

Colin

Any chance you can email me login details for the old mySQL database so I can get the SQL dump for you?

Colin

Ruddy Kitty

I was told to copy and paste it into a notepad document and make it a .sql because my forum wouldn't allow me to download it.

I do have 2 other files that you can look at?

Yes, I can do that.

Ruddy Kitty

Thanks SUPER SUPERRRRR much to Colin for going above and beyond to help me and my seemingly hopeless cause! You're the best <3 SERIOUSLY

Right now I have to change the info in Settings.php and run the repair_settings.php to get my forum back to running, correct? I also had a question about the default email... When people post and they get a reply sent to their email, do I have to set it up as a new email from the new host in the Settings.php?

EDIT: Okay, made a new email from my host and linked it up in the Settings.php, successfully ran repair_settings.php and now I get this error on my forum:

Table 'yaoid001_ruddykitty.yaoid001_settings' doesn't exist

Meaning do I have to manually make a table in the PHPMyAdmin called "yaoid001_ruddykitty.yaoid001_settings"?

Colin

I will fix this for you in the next few minutes.

Colin

Colin

I see the issue. I will email you with further details.

Colin

Colin

Did you end up getting this working or do you still need more assistance?

Colin

Ruddy Kitty

Yeah, I need more assistance. I never was able to get it back up. I'm still getting an error that a certain table doesn't exist.

http://yaoidreams.com/public_html/forum2/index.php

Colin

Alright......... I will redo the whole process because of the dumb host who won't increase the max packet size.  >:(

Colin

Ruddy Kitty

Well I was wondering if I should try and find a new host for the forum itself and wait on transferring the domain name. I'm pretty sick and tired of this. They claim it is because they have shared hosting.  :o

Colin

I know what they claim, but if they aren't willing to facilitate the change of one minor mysql permission so we can upload a database dump and they won't assist in the migration I might consider doing the same. Regardless I will create another dump within their restrictions and import it via SSH because I don't want to leave you stranded.

Colin

Acrodox

well you cant blame your host, you should have a backup.

Colin

Not sure what you mean by that. The OP does have a backup. I don't think you understand fully what is going on.

Colin

Acrodox

I mean saved on her computer

Colin

Yes, the OP has multiple backups on the computer and can still generate one from the original source...

Colin

Advertisement: