News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Bulk Banning

Started by tigersfan, April 25, 2012, 08:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigersfan

Hi, quick question. In our forums, we have a bunch of folks who have registered with names like "1-cash-loan" in an obvious attempt to spam the top of the members list. There are 100s of them and we'd like to ban them all, is there a setting or a plug-in that would allow us to ban multiple accounts at once? Or do we have to do each at one time?

shubha

Block their IP address and Host name.

Admin->Member->Ban list->New Ban

tigersfan

Yeah, I do that, but, what I'm wondering is, is there a way to do a bunch of accounts at the same time? I don't want to have to do that 100s of times individually if there is a faster way.

shubha

One method is left ,

Install the Forum Firewall, Bad Behaviour mod and Add the anti spam question

And from another website install the "Block script".You may block the country also without any difficulty.Now a  days spammers choice IP address.

Take a look at this
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=474496

Thantos

Quote from: tigersfan on April 25, 2012, 09:26:11 AM
Yeah, I do that, but, what I'm wondering is, is there a way to do a bunch of accounts at the same time? I don't want to have to do that 100s of times individually if there is a faster way.
I'm going to answer with:  It depends.  If they are coming in from a few IPs or a few hostnames you can ban by that which will then ban them all.  You can also create one ban and just add one ban trigger per.

I don't recall any screen that lets you check which members to ban and then ban them all at once.

LiroyvH

We have actually been looking in to that ourselves. I think there are some concepts, maybe it will be released as a mod someday :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

emanuele

* emanuele has in the to-do list to clean-up a certain "ban_script.php" file and put it somewhere... O:)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

ban_script uploaded here! :)

Disclaimer: in this bulk of downloads there is also a version of repair_settings, this is version not supported nor endorsed in any way by SMF, it is a version I modified, it may work better for certain things, but it may also contain bugs. Please use it only if you know what you are doing.
The official version of repair_settings.php can be found at the tools download page here at sm.org.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: