News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Database unknown

Started by Gaboot, April 23, 2012, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaboot

Hi everyone !

Right now i have successfully extract and upload the stuff on my ftp. But i experencing some issues with database.

The wiki told me to create a database and a database user. What am i supposed to do exactly?

I have reached PhPmyadmin through the control panel of my host "manage my mySQL databse", but when i want to create a table it is asking me a lot of stuff that were not specified in the wiki.

Bigguy

Do you have cpanel ? You should be able to make a database through that. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience on other control panels.

Colin

It looks like you already made the database. Just give SMF the database account info and SMF will do all the table creation and structuring. I think the OP is going in and trying to manually create the tables which is unnecessary.

-C
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Bigguy

He could take the sql file and upload that through phpmyadmin but would still have to give database info to SMF for it to connect, but your right it is unnecessary. :)

Colin

True, but for a new forum installation why not let SMF handle it :).
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Bigguy

Oh I agree. I was just throwin that out there. :)

Colin

Colin

Gaboot

Quote from: Colin on April 23, 2012, 08:05:32 PM
It looks like you already made the database.

That makes sens.

Quote from: Colin on April 23, 2012, 08:05:32 PMJust give SMF the database account info and SMF will do all the table creation and structuring. I think the OP is going in and trying to manually create the tables which is unnecessary.

OK, sounds great. I am going to try that.

Thx. i'll back in a while

Gaboot

OK new problème.

Something doesn't work. After finalazing the instalation i got this:

And when i come back at myhost/forum/install.php it tells me that an smf is already install and i shoud'nt overwrite it. If i want to reinstall again i have to delete the DB and renew the settings.php.

Did i do something wrong? And what should i do ?

// i didn't see the windows asking me to delete instaling files

Gaboot

I redid what it says:

I deleted the tables of my DB, replace the settings.php and relaunch the installation.

The same error occured after step 6: admin account.

Nobody could solve this? I need this forum in three days.

Gaboot

I think i found the problem.

You should specified in the wiki:

During the installation, disconnect your host account, DB account and filezilla or whatever ftp panel.

It seems something didn't work because of a dual connexion or R/W issue stuff, i don't know.

Well now it works, and i have a nice forum to take care of.

See ya

Colin

Glad you got it working. Have a great day.

Colin

Advertisement: