Sent PM's did an April Fool? o.0

Started by Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R), April 29, 2012, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Sorting by date seems messed up there? Not sure if this is a core flaw in 2.x as I haven't seen it happening or tested anywhere. Just stumbled upon today when I looked at my Sent box. :P

EDIT:
This is happening in my Sent folder here at simplemachines.org and not anywhere else that I know about. As I don't have a clue regarding what is causing it, I am not sure where to even start with to test it out.

vbgamer45

More than one date is messed up in that image other issues for pm's on the same. Are you using normal pm's or conversations?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Oh yeh! Well spotted :P More than one date is messed up.

Using it in conversation mode :)

emanuele

In my box are sorted properly...no idea...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

Never encountered this issue. More details on how to replicate this?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Err, if I knew how it happened, I would have described it in detail. :) It is just soo random and only happening with my account.

Quite odd indeed.

Robert.

I know it won't make much sense as it doesn't happen for me know, I know what (F.L.A.M.E.R) is talking about as I've had the same problem too, although it does not happen to me right now. I'm sorry but I have no idea either what is causing it... =/

MrPhil

@F.L.A.M.E.R., you wouldn't happen to be using PostgreSQL for your database, would you? I see in Sources/PersonalMessage.php that PostgreSQL has a considerably different database query than does MySQL. Of course, if it's not happening consistently, that might rule out a query difference, but still the database in use might shed some light on the subject.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

MrPhil,
This is happening in this website (simplemachines.org) and haven't been tested or seen anywhere else. I don't know how to replicate that, not sure where to start the testing really..

As far as I know, here at sm.org, mysql is being used for the database. So, that should mostly help. :)

I suppose I forgot to write this in my opening post :P I will update it now.

MrPhil

Odd. I looked at my list of PMs here and they were all in order (default latest at bottom, and sorted latest at top). Does it happen only after you change the sort order? Could it be browser-dependent (I'm on FF)? Does sorting happen back on the server rather than locally in JS?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I am on Google Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m. (That version is loonng!!) ;D

Oh, I haven't change the sorting. All I have changed in my PM option to put the latest PM's on the top. Thats it. It is the way I have since the day I joined SMF.

Checked on FF too.. Still the same.

MrPhil

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on May 01, 2012, 05:32:21 PM
All I have changed in my PM option to put the latest PM's on the top.

Obvious question: if you reset that option to its default (latest PMs on the bottom), does it still mis-sort? That would indicate a code problem in SMF, as opposed to a browser problem.

Is there any sign that the sort is not only by date, but also "by group" in some way?

Trekkie101

emanuele

The issue is that the send PM in conversation mode are sorted by the ID of the first PM (not the last), and that of course can lead to funny sorting.
It is probably a bug...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: Trekkie101 on August 22, 2012, 01:15:41 PM
Still got it now FLAMER?

Yep!

Quote from: emanuele on August 22, 2012, 01:33:17 PM
The issue is that the send PM in conversation mode are sorted by the ID of the first PM (not the last), and that of course can lead to funny sorting.
It is probably a bug...
Hmm, that makes sense actually. We should change that style of sorting it seems.

shawnb61

Closing old 2.0 bugs - 2.0 is in security fixes-only at this point.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: