Previous topic - Next topic

perfec2

How can I locate these these templates that send this message:
Welcome new member message
Email activation message
New account activation reminder email notification
Topic notification email
and reply notication email.

Please I will assistant on to locate these templates one after the other as I want to edit them.

<<Edited to remove caps-locked title>>

perfec2

This would have been wonderful, just that my forum is 1.6 version. Please if there is mod for my version let me know otherwise list folders where I can manually locate them.

kat

Sorry 'bout that.

You know... I can't remember. I assume it's got to be one/some of the files in the default theme's "languages" directory.

I'll see if I can figure-out which one(s)...

Matthew K.

You are using 1.6?! You should most definitely upgrade to at LEAST 1.1.16.

kat

I think that's what he meant, Doodle. ;)

Good point, though. :)

perfec2

Quote from: K@ on April 30, 2012, 02:57:34 PM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Registration_-_How_do_I_edit_the_registration/welcome_email

That'll cover most of it, I believe. :)

This is inline, but  couldn't get what I want work for me. I'm trying to insert advert code that will display advert on  each email send at the button of each email as I see in many emails.

I edited file "Login.english_british-utf8.php"
or
Would have edited "Login.english-utf8.php"  or Login.english.php ?

MrPhil

'english' is more or less American English (the base language) in Latin-1 encoding.
'english-utf8' should be identical (unless there's any non-ASCII punctuation), and is for UTF-8 encoded display.
'english_british' would be the Muvver Tongue in Latin-1 encoding (is there such an offering?).
'english_british-utf8' would be British English, very similar to 'english_british', but possibly with Pound Sterling and some odds & ends characters in UTF-8 encoding instead of Latin-1.

You would be using either (American) English or British English, and either Latin-1 or UTF-8 page character display encoding. Not all combinations may be available. You are welcome to keep the text in all three or four in sync -- it won't hurt, and if you allow multiple Englishes as language choices, you'll need to have all of them in sync anyway.

perfec2

Ok, I'm using 'english_british-utf8'

This is one email template below:

$txt['resend_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your username is "%2$s".' . "\n\n" . 'You first need to activate your account before you can login so please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%4$s' . "\n\n" . 'Please use the code "%3$s" if you have any problems with activation.' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];

The adevert code I want to insert so that it goes with email is below, please help me insert it at appropriate place above:

<!-- Begin mywebaddresshere Code -->
<script language="javascript"><!--//
var server_client_id = 1002;
var server_ad_channel = 1;
var server_publisher_channels = "";
var server_media_types = "text,hybrid";
var server_integrate_media_types = 0;
var server_ad_width = 728; 
var server_ad_height = 90;
var server_ad_style = "728x90_as";
var server_code_version = "4";
var server_ad_color_border = "FFE100";
var server_ad_color_background = "FFE100";
var server_ad_color_headline = "3D81EE";
var server_ad_color_body = "000000";
var server_ad_color_url = "191919";
var server_ad_random = 1;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.mywebaddresshere.com/mypro/ads/display_ads.php">
</script>
<!-- End mywebaddresshere Code -->

MrPhil

Did the instructions suggest any particular place to put this code? Not knowing what the JS is planning to dump into your email, I hesitate to tell you what to edit, but you could try the following:

$txt['resend_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your username is "%2$s".' . "\n\n" . 'You first need to activate your account before you can login so please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%4$s' . "\n\n" . 'Please use the code "%3$s" if you have any problems with activation.' . "\n\n" . $txt[130] . "\n\n" .
'<!-- Begin mywebaddresshere Code -->
<script language="javascript"><!--//
var server_client_id = 1002;
var server_ad_channel = 1;
var server_publisher_channels = "";
var server_media_types = "text,hybrid";
var server_integrate_media_types = 0;
var server_ad_width = 728;
var server_ad_height = 90;
var server_ad_style = "728x90_as";
var server_code_version = "4";
var server_ad_color_border = "FFE100";
var server_ad_color_background = "FFE100";
var server_ad_color_headline = "3D81EE";
var server_ad_color_body = "000000";
var server_ad_color_url = "191919";
var server_ad_random = 1;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.mywebaddresshere.com/mypro/ads/display_ads.php">
</script>
<!-- End mywebaddresshere Code -->' . "\n";

Make a backup of the file so you can get rid of this change if it doesn't work. So, are you going to put the same changes into all 5 or so emails that you listed before?

perfec2

The instrustion only says "Below is the ad code generated from your selections.  Please cut & paste this exactly as it is shown into the HTML content of your page(s)"

Yes, I want to put the same changes into all 5 or so emails that I listed before.

perfec2

It doesn't show the advert in any email, what is the next option?

MrPhil

Are the emails in HTML? Look at the source for the email and see if the new code is found in the email, and more importantly, where. Perhaps it needs to be moved into the <head> section of the email's HTML?

perfec2

Just normal emails people receive when theeu sign up, reset password, etc (I have seen this in many ways)

Concerning Source, I view source but could no find the code.

Moving in the (heard) section of the email how would I do that? if that would give me what I want.

Arantor

I didn't think SMF ever sent its emails actually in HTML at all, especially in 1.1.x?

MrPhil

If this code was intended for an HTML page, I'm not sure it will display correctly on a plain text email. It includes a Javascript call to do something, so there's probably not too much that can be done in plain text email.

Arantor

And therein lies the problem. I'm pretty sure 1.1.x never sends HTML email and 2.0 may or may not. Even if it does, most email clients that accept HTML will also disable JavaScript for the fairly obvious reason.

perfec2

Is there really any solution for me, I'm using www.inclick.net  to serve my advert .

MrPhil

This appears to be some form of "pay per click" advertising. As it depends on having Javascript active on a Web page, it's not going to work on plain text emails and often not on HTML emails. I can't think of any solution for you, beyond putting static advertising content into your emails (no active links, just text). You could select from among several different ads to insert into your email, but it will still be static text.

Advertisement: