[FREE] Member rewards system.

Started by PetleyJ, April 29, 2012, 12:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetleyJ

Looking for a module to be created for ALL to use. - Have searched to find nothing.

Don't mind paying but on a strict budget - but thinking of community members aswel.

Version:

Description:
I am looking for a reward based system where a member can earn points to spend on real life products.

For example: 100 posts = 100 points - which they can redeem the points for a gift voucher.

Admin area - to set the posts - points amount and what they can redeem points for.

The whole idea is to get people to post more and interact which many forum owners seem to have trouble with at the moment.

Permissions:
For MEMBERS only.

Feature Set
Admin Options:
Set the conversion of (X posts = X Points)
Also products / items they can redeem.

Something simple - a simple reward system. Somthing that may work with the Shop Module.

If that makes sence.

Thanks.

James - NNUK

shamun

I'm working on something like this right now.  Features are being planned out still for both the credits, shop and payments  It may or may not work with the already made shop mod, I'll have to check out how its made. See edit.  Also, it's based on per post, not a group amount of posts.  If you wanted 100 posts = 100 points, it would need to be setup as 1 post = 1 point.

Current planned features:
Currency transfers - Users can send their acquired credits/points/whatever to another user.
Thorough logging - All actions taken with credits is logged.  Sending, receiving, spending, adding, modifying etc.
Warnings and blocks - Transfers above X amount can alert admins.  Transfers above Y amount will alert admins and also hold the funds until an admin approves it
Reversals - If something goes amiss, an admin can reverse any transfer
Permissions - Lots of them.  Permissions include sending, receiving, viewing, earning, modifying, adding, removing, approving and more.  Essentially going to have it setup so you can pick and choose who has what power and not blindly grant an "admin" all rights.
Plenty of settings - Ability to turn on/off the warnings, alerts, blocks.  The amount to send warnings/alerts/blocks at, enabling or disabling transfers entirely etc.
Easy integration - The system itself is strictly limited to credits right now and if needed could likely replace any other currency system with relative ease.  Plans are to put in custom hooks (like smf already has) for extending.

Possible features:
Bank - Accrue interest but to prevent "cheating" have funds held for 5 days after requesting their money.
Theft - Ability to try and steal a portion or all of a persons credits.  Not likely to be done
Credits for doing X - This will more or less be done but the decision on what to start with has not been.  I'm thinking registration, new threads, new polls, replying to a thread and voting.

Should expect something within a week or two on a more or less finished product.

Edit:
I've looked at the shop mod (this one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=65) and the way it handles currency is very integrated.  Because of the time it would take to make this a "drop in" replacement for only the currency, I won't be undertaking that at this time.  On the other hand, I'll be creating my own shop mod.

PetleyJ

That sounds like an excellent module.

Thanks Shamun.

James

Advertisement: