News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

100% newbie here

Started by VAbassfishing, April 30, 2012, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAbassfishing

I want to build a large bass fishing forum for anglers in the U.S.. Is it possible with this software to add banners to the home page and other pages from paid advertisers in the bass fishing industry? I want to charge companies to advertise, is the possible? Thanks everyone!

VAbassfishing

Here is an example: Look on the top and right side on this particular forum: hxxp:www.va-outdoors.com [nonactive]

TheListener

Welcome to smf.

You would require the ad management mod.

It isn't as easy getting advertisers as you would think.

There is a perfect theme which would be suitable for your forum by name of gone fishing which was made by Pixel Mansion

ApplianceJunk

Hello and welcome to SMF

QuoteIs it possible with this software to add banners to the home page and other pages from paid advertisers in the bass fishing industry?

Yes

QuoteI want to charge companies to advertise, is the possible?

Yes

VAbassfishing

Thank you! Is this separate software? There is a lot of money in this industry,  #1 goal is to get a lot if members and a good reputation. The more members & more activity then the doors open up. I want to create a top 5 forum. I got almost 5000 friends on Facebook,  98% of them are bass fishing related. If this is possible of adding banners from paid advertisers then I will pursue it and make a lot of friends on here!

ApplianceJunk

QuoteIs this separate software?

For the ads, it's a mod that you install on your SMF forum.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

QuoteIf this is possible of adding banners from paid advertisers then I will pursue it and make a lot of friends on here!

If you believe in yourself anything is possible.
Use the Force, Luke.

VAbassfishing

Do I need to get a domain now and a host or can it wait until I'm done building the forum?

VAbassfishing

Which program do I download? There is 3 to choose from.

VAbassfishing

Ok, I downloaded the zip, extracted all the files.....Man, I'm soooo lost here! LOL

JohnS

Rust

If you are in a rush, some hosts will help with your SMF deployment via scripts.  As to the rest, this is a great community to ask questions, so don't hesitate to ask. :)

Advertisement: