Admin Links Redirecting to home page

Started by scsouders, May 01, 2012, 05:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

No you wouldn't. All you will loose are the installed modifications. You have already lost them while you upgraded anyhow. :) So, that shouldn't be a problem.

However, I would suggest grabbing a copy of your database just for as a backup before continuing unless you already have a backup while you were at 1.1.x.

scsouders

Should I install the whole smf_2_0_2_upgrade contents individually, just replacing on file at a time. or should I extract them while they are zipped in the server. currently the zip file is in the packages folder

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

You can use FTP and replace all the files through that, or you can upload the file on to your server, unzip it and then replace it. Anything would be fine.

Following wiki should help: Upgrading SMF

Colin

You should always back up your database regardless of the type of work you are doing on your forum just in case.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

scsouders

I downloaded and did the upgrade , tried again, and still same results. :(

rx7raven

I'd like to chime in real quick as I'm helping scsouders with this issue.

I downloaded a backup of the forum and installed it on a computer running a LAMP server.  After installing fresh from the website, I did an import and everything works as it should.  I click on the admin interface and they redirect me to the correct location.  So it is working.

Colin

Ok, great! Glad it is finally working. *Topic marked as solved.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

rx7raven

NO NO I meant I had it working on a different server so I'm wondering what server setting it could be.  If you think that  might be the case.

Sorry didn't mean to sound confusing. :-(

Colin

Oh, sorry about that. *Topic marked as unsolved. It now goes back to my initial hunch of it being a host/serverside issue.

Colin

rx7raven

I'm pretty sure everything was working prior to the upgrade on this host.

scsouders

Quote from: rx7raven on May 02, 2012, 01:13:25 AM
I'm pretty sure everything was working prior to the upgrade on this host.

Yea, all was fine when we had 1.1.16 installed, no admin issues, wasn't until the move to 2.0.2 , thats when I had issues. Could it be a permission stetting im missing..Im using 755 for directories and 644 for files.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Yes, it is likely to be a permissions issue. I highly doubt if a host can cause such an issue.

If you do not mind, feel free to send me the following details via PM and I will look into it personally for you:
- Your Hosting Control Panel Link.
- Your SMF Admin username/password.
- FTP access details.

rx7raven

Looks like we are good to go.  I'm guessing it was a permissions issue but everything is working fine for us.  Thanks for the help!

Sven Kortekaas

Quote from: rx7raven on May 16, 2012, 07:04:45 PM
Looks like we are good to go.  I'm guessing it was a permissions issue but everything is working fine for us.  Thanks for the help!

But how did you solve it?

rx7raven

Quote from: Sven Kortekaas on January 22, 2013, 08:12:41 AM

Sven Kortekaas

Quote from: rx7raven on January 23, 2013, 04:00:23 PM
Quote from: Sven Kortekaas on January 22, 2013, 08:12:41 AM

You only quoted me... How did you solve it?

Colin

Sven, are you having the same issue? From the previous posts it sounds like a file permissions issue. Did you check that already?

Colin

Sven Kortekaas

Quote from: Colin on January 24, 2013, 04:04:27 PM
Sven, are you having the same issue? From the previous posts it sounds like a file permissions issue. Did you check that already?
Yes I'm having the same issue. Some admin links work and some are going straight to the frontpage.

Didn't check all my file permission. What CHMOD for all the files?

Colin

644 for the files and 755 for the directories.

Colin

Sven Kortekaas

Quote from: Colin on January 24, 2013, 11:26:48 PM
644 for the files and 755 for the directories.
Check. All files are 644 and all directories are 755. Still got the problem.

Advertisement: