Help converting from IPB 3.0.2 please

Started by CoffeeAddict, May 02, 2012, 04:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeAddict

I wasn't able to find any converter for 3.0.2 (even in the thread pinned at the top here) so I tried converting with the one for 2.3 and I didn't even get passed the first step of converting members, I get this error.

This query:

SELECT
    m.id AS id_member, SUBSTRING(m.name, 1, 80) AS member_name,
    m.joined AS date_registered,
    IF(m.mgroup = 4, 1, IF(m.mgroup = 3, 0, IF(m.mgroup > 5, m.mgroup + 3, 0))) AS id_group,
    posts, m.last_visit AS last_login, SUBSTRING(m.members_display_name, 1, 80) AS real_name,
    SUBSTRING(me.yahoo, 1, 32) AS yim, m.msg_total AS instant_messages,
    SUBSTRING(mc.converge_pass_hash, 1, 64) AS passwd,
    SUBSTRING(mc.converge_pass_salt, 1, 5) AS password_salt,
    SUBSTRING(m.email, 1, 255) AS email_address,
    IF (m.bday_year = 0 AND m.bday_month != 0 AND m.bday_day != 0, CONCAT('0004-', m.bday_month, '-', m.bday_day), CONCAT_WS('-', IF(m.bday_year <= 4, 1, m.bday_year), IF(m.bday_month = 0, 1, m.bday_month), IF(m.bday_day = 0, 1, m.bday_day))) AS birthdate,
    SUBSTRING(me.website, 1, 255) AS website_title,
    SUBSTRING(me.website, 1, 255) AS website_url, me.signature,
    SUBSTRING(me.location, 1, 255) AS location,
    SUBSTRING(me.icq_number, 1, 255) AS icq,
    SUBSTRING(me.msnname, 1, 255) AS msn, SUBSTRING(me.aim_name, 1, 16) AS aim,
    m.hide_email AS hide_email,
    IFNULL(m.email_pm, 0) AS pm_email_notify,
    SUBSTRING(IF(me.avatar_location = 'noavatar', '', me.avatar_location), 1, 255) AS avatar,
    '' AS lngfile, '' AS buddy_list, '' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels,
    '' AS personal_text, '' AS time_format, '' AS usertitle, '' AS member_ip,
    '' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer, '' AS validation_code,
    '' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, '' AS member_ip2
    FROM `bestinsh_ipbforum`.members AS m
    LEFT JOIN `bestinsh_ipbforum`.member_extra AS me ON (m.id = me.id)
    LEFT JOIN `bestinsh_ipbforum`.members_converge AS mc ON (m.id = mc.converge_id)
    WHERE m.id != 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Table 'bestinsh_ipbforum.member_extra' doesn't exist

Any help for what I need to change to make this work? Please?

CoffeeAddict

Thanks, I tried that one just now and I get the same error. The only tables I have in the ipb database that are member related are "members" and "members_partial", so the code is looking for something that's not there, but I don't know what to replace it with (or where to replace it)

IchBin™

The closest one we have to your version of IPB is this one.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=404732.0

It "should" work with your version, but as usual made need some tweaks since it's a bit behind on the version you are. Post back if you get any errors.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

CoffeeAddict

Thank you! I viewed that thread before I registered here and I guess that's why I didn't see the files to download. I just tried it and got this error

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Edited to add: I read the thread and fixed that problem, but now I get this error instead:

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting censored words... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting calendar events... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting user avatars... Successful.
Converting settings...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function updateSettingsFile() in /home/bestinsh/public_html/forums/convert.php(1099) : eval()'d code on line 57

CoffeeAddict

Re-read that thread again and there's a fix for that too that I missed. I was able to complete the conversion and even though there are some warnings at the bottom of the convertor the forums look and function just fine.

So, success!

CoffeeAddict

So I've just realized that all of the members are showing zero posts in their count. They obviously have posts since the forum is populated with them, but they aren't being counted. That seems to be the only thing that didn't get transfered.

Is there a way to fix this?

kat

Have you tried going to Forum Maintenance and doing "Recount all forum totals and statistics" thing?

CoffeeAddict

Yes that doesn't seem to do anything.

IchBin™

I've never looked to see which counts it resets when that task is run. Perhaps give this mod a try and see if it will recount the posts for you.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3309

CoffeeAddict

Tried the mod but still no post count.

IchBin™

No errors in the SMF log? Any changes in the stats section? Any changes anywhere? How about the server log, any errors in there? Does the post count change if you post something?

CoffeeAddict

No change anywhere and the count does not rise when new posts are made.

kat

I wonder...

This is a bit of a long-shot.

Try going to Admin>Packages>File permissions and setting that to "Standard".

CoffeeAddict

kat

Poo on toast with a slice of lemon.

Are there any clues in the ol' error log, as Ichy asked?

CoffeeAddict

Holy cow there are 122 errors. I don't even know where to start looking for which one is the problem.

IchBin™

Look at them closely. Post the repeat offenders at least. If there are any critical ones, post those specifically.

CoffeeAddict

I looked them over and every one was some variation of this

2: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/bestinsh/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Themes.template.php (html_below sub template - eval?)
Line: 359

I don't think it has anything to do with the post count, looks to me like it just can't find the header and footer files when I was tinkering with the theme the other day.

CoffeeAddict

Well turns out that I didn't have the little box checked in the admin center that allowed posts to be counted per forum. So now they will go up if a post is made.

However, none of the past posts are counted in their total so everyone is still starting at zero. How can I get those past posts to count? Can I go into the database and just give everyone the post amount they had on the previous forum?

IchBin™

The mod I posted should do exactly that though. You can of course go into each profile manually, or even in the database to add those counts in the posts field.

CoffeeAddict

Woohoo, it works! Tried the mod again and success. Thank you!

Advertisement: