Replace SMF Default Search Bar with Google Adsense Search

Started by jaisi, April 27, 2012, 06:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaisi

How do I replace the SMF search bar for the google adsense search code?

forum v 2.2 and default theme

Colin

You will need to modify the template files to do this.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

jaisi

how to modify that tamplate file ?? can you help me please

Colin

The search form is found in index.template.php which is in the following directory /smfdirectory/Themes/Default/

Here is the code starting on line 251
<form id="search_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<input type="text" name="search" value="" class="input_text" />&nbsp;
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="', $txt['search'], '" class="button_submit" />
<input type="hidden" name="advanced" value="0" />';

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

jaisi

now what should i do ?? i need to Replace this code with my google search code or just i need to put that code ??

Sorry for my bad english. and i have attached that index php please remove that code and >>>>>>>>mention where i need to paste code like this <<<<<<<<<<

THanks and hope you undertand .

Colin

I just showed you the code above. That is the search for so you can modify, replace, or manipulate that code to make it into what you are looking for.

Colin

Advertisement: