News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Membership Email

Started by pugcab, May 03, 2012, 02:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pugcab

For some reason all admins have stopped receiving the email saying a new member has joined...

The member receives there email welcoming them , If they become a subscriber I receive the " new subscription " email
just not the first email

Any ideas please

Thanks

MC73

OK .... We will start with the easy one first ...

Administration Center |
    Registration |
    Settings

Is "Notify administrators when a new member joins" Checked ?

Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

pugcab

Colin

Have you checked your spam folder? Are you using send_mail or SMTP?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

pugcab

Nothing in spam folder, mail settings are (php default)

NanoSector

Are you able to use IMAP for the mails?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

pugcab

No I cant....

All 3 admins on the site have stopped receiving the emails

Thanks

NanoSector

Hmm, you should contact your host with this issue then. Nuthing we can do about it, I guess.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

pugcab

Just checked the hosts webmail program and there is 2000 emails in there  "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" just checked the first 30 and they are all private message notifications, from different members

None of these have appeared in the inbox or spam folder in mozilla.

I can send and recieve normal emails through mozilla

NanoSector

Quote from: pugcab on May 13, 2012, 03:04:11 PM
Just checked the hosts webmail program and there is 2000 emails in there  "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" just checked the first 30 and they are all private message notifications, from different members

None of these have appeared in the inbox or spam folder in mozilla.

I can send and recieve normal emails through mozilla
What does it say inside one of those mails?

pugcab

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=3261:
    host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.37.72]: 550 SC-001 (COL0-MC1-F33) Unfortunately, messages from 69.175.41.102 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Received: from peugeot3 by new01.tmdhosting410.com with local (Exim 4.77)
   (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
   id 1SSaiC-003viN-Rm
   for [email protected]; Thu, 10 May 2012 16:15:49 -0500
To: [email protected]
Subject: New Personal Message: Re: (No subject)
X-PHP-Script: peugeot306cabrioletclub.co.uk/index.php for 195.93.21.71
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 21:15:48 -0000
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Mailer: SMF
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="SMF-976564f131a2267239b6119e85dc882f"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Storman™

Looks like hotmail have blacklisted your server's IP address.

I've checked and it's also listed at SORBS

So basically members who have hotmail email addresses won't receive your notification emails. Quite possible that others won't either due to the blacklistings.

Being blacklisted by Hotmail is a total pain and it can take weeks and weeks for removal. Obviously you need to get "delisted" but quite honestly it's such a performance that in the short term you should consider using a different smpt server to send the mail.

There's also 328 domains on your IP address (some of them dubious) so likely the problem is due to another website.

Effectively this is not an issue with SMF.

Suggest:

1.) Short term fix:  Arrange a different smpt server to send your forum mail
2)  Longer term: Find a new host

pugcab

Had the following repsonse from the host, does anybody suggest which option to go with

Thank you for contacting TMDHosting Support Team.

Please note that you are on a shared hosting environment, which means that you are using the shared IP address of the server for sending emails. Note that this is how the shared environment is designed to work and almost all of our other customers on the same server are also using the shared IP address of the server for their mail service. This, sometimes, is resulting in the IP address being blocked by some of the major IP blacklists and this is one of the burdens of the shared hosting environment and we are doing everything in our powers in order to resolve it. What I can offer you as a solution to this issue is one of the following options:

1. You may order dedicated IP For your account which will be configured for your e-mails delivery only. This way if any remote server block your IP it will not caused from e-mails you have sent and the information to prevent it should be provided from the remote server. You can order a dedicated IP address from your Client Area > Order > Extra Services > Account Addons > Dedicated IP.

2. We will setup GoogleApps account for your domain free of charge. This will route your e-mails through google and they are usually not getting blacklisted because of the enormous number of mailing accounts they have and the extremely complex spam filtering system they have created. Unfortunately they will not provide any information about this spam filtering system which is the reason it is not available on any other mail service provider or web hosting provider. Note that with this option, you will be able to create 10 free email accounts. After you reach that number, you will have to pay for each additional email account that you create.

3. The third option is to allow up to 7 business days for all the blacklists to be contacted and requests for the IP removal placed. Unfortunately some of the blacklists in question will not respond fast and it may take a couple of weeks for them to provide us with the reason for the blacklisting and restore the IP reputation.

Please consider the option that we provided and update us on how to assist you further on this matter.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Colin

Personally I would go with #1. If you get a dedicated IP it will resolve all of your problems instantly.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

pugcab

1 week a go I purchased a dedicated ip address but still

Only some admin get the " new member registered " email

Only some members get the " new pm notification" email

If I use mozilla to send an email to a member who is not getting the emails then they receive one this way

Im totally confused by it all and so is the host

Would moving to a new host guarantee to solve this, or does anyone have any solutions

Thanks

Colin

Hmm, that is wierd. I can't think of anything other than trying another host. Your host doesn't have any other info from their side?

Colin

toastedB

Have exactly the same problem & error with TMD hosting.
They are not providing any assistance.
The problem only exists on their server, not any other hosting provider network.

Their servers are on blocked lists and no emails will get through to any online email system.

Advertisement: