News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Started by xertech, May 05, 2012, 12:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xertech

Hello and thanks in advance for any help provided.. My question is .. Since I have alot of spammers trying to sign up and post their stuff on my forum we have  switched to administrator approval before they are registered.. How do you setup the email for sending approvals ?   When I approve the member and send a approval email they are never getting the notification. I have looked throuhout the admin panel and haven't been able to find the email settings for ths feature...

Anyway ,,,, Thanks in advance for help and keep rockin..

Storman™

Well you need to have an email address already set in:

Admin --> Configuration --> Server Settings --> General

That's the one you get asked to input when you initially install SMF so presumably you already have that.

Out of interest, what is set in:

Admin --> Maintenance --> Mail --> Settings

Normally this is set to the PHP option and should work out of the box so to speak.

Also, you could try turning on notifications in your profile, set a notification for a test post, and then add a reply to it. Do you receive the notification or not ?

What makes you think the members don't get the approval, did you do some tests or is it from feedback ?

If all the above is ok then is mail from your site IP or host blacklisted ? That would block outgoing mail to new members and is something I've seen in the past.

;)

xertech

Thanks Storman .....  That was it..  Admin --> Maintenance --> Mail --> Setting was set incorrectly.

Advertisement: