News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

please help me on a problem

Started by ronald1, May 05, 2012, 05:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronald1

okay i am new to this and so far i have to say it is the best software or what ever to use for websites but can u help me i change the url to my fourm and then change it back i cant see to accses my frourm properly
< that is my fourm the site masters can u please just restart it please and thank u all of the tecnicall stuff i dont know how to do
http:// hxxp:talkfourm.comule.com/index [nonactive]. php  i had to separate it because the fourm would not allow me to post it

NanoSector

Hi ronald1!

We are unable to do anything with your website, since we are just the people that created the software. We don't host websites except for the main Simplemachines.org site.

You might need to contact your host.

Maybe, and I'm just guessing there, resetting your paths with repair_settings.php will work too.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ronald1

as i said tecnicall things i am not so good at

NanoSector

In laymens terms: We are unable to help you, as we do not have your website in our control.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Shambles

On a non-technical basis, your forum works just fine from here

TheListener

Ronald it is the forum hosts wwhich in this case is 000webhost.com

Whom you need to speak too.

NanoSector

Quote from: Shambles on May 05, 2012, 06:25:33 PM
On a non-technical basis, your forum works just fine from here
Are you also using firefox? I don't have that browser at hand (and am not going to infect my system with it), so I can't test it.

EDIT: Woops, wrong topic ;D
Having all these topics with "Please help me" and "HELP" in my unread replies list ain't helping mah brainz.

Storman™

ronalds1 - I can see that you've moved your forum from a subdomain and presumably back to a main domain position (although not sure if same domain ?).

Almost certainly your paths are incorrect since the move. As Yoshi2889 says above, you almost certainly need to use Repair_Settings.php. Give that read and download the file at the bottom of that page, place it in the root of your site where index.php currently lies, then access it in your browser. If you get stuck on any point then repost here.

Note that you must delete the file after use.

ronald1

Advertisement: