News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Big error forum down help Fatal error: Call to undefined function PublicIndexto

Started by Ctoshack, May 05, 2012, 08:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctoshack

was just browsing my forum and all of a sudden this error started to show up can anyone help me fix it.  you can see the forum here  www.netends.com [nofollow]

Fatal error: Call to undefined function PublicIndextop() in /home/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/ads/Sources/Load.php(2159) : eval()'d code on line 501

TheListener

Welcome to smf Ctoshack

Before we go any further can you please go to Admin > Server settings and make sure
Disable evaluation of templates is ticked.

Please empty your error log then after browsing your forum for a minute or two please recheck your error log and report back.

Also a list of installed mods would be helpful too.

:)

Ctoshack

I can't even goto admin nothing shows up but that error under the header

www.netends.com  go there thats all I see no matter what link I click admin anything.

Ctoshack

nothing I was just looking through the forum watching it grow like grass..  people were joining posting topics  I was just watching wasn't doing anything in particular outside of normal forum use.

lparker

hi, im another admin at the same site as ctoshack, and on the file that the error references to at line 501 all that is listed there is "      ),"

TheListener

Quote from: lparker on May 05, 2012, 09:20:13 PM
hi, im another admin at the same site as ctoshack, and on the file that the error references to at line 501 all that is listed there is "      ),"

Ok Do either of you have cpanel access?

TheListener

Phew.

Ok what we need is a few lines above, below and including the error line itself.

Also please include the file as an attachment.

I'm no coder so will help as much as I can.

lparker

umm i dont think i post attachments on here.....

'last_login' => empty($user_settings['last_login']) ? 0 : $user_settings['last_login'],
'ip' => $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'],
'ip2' => $_SERVER['BAN_CHECK_IP'],
'posts' => empty($user_settings['posts']) ? 0 : $user_settings['posts'],
'time_format' => empty($user_settings['time_format']) ? $modSettings['time_format'] : $user_settings['time_format'],
'time_offset' => empty($user_settings['time_offset']) ? 0 : $user_settings['time_offset'],
'avatar' => array(
'url' => isset($user_settings['avatar']) ? $user_settings['avatar'] : '',
'filename' => empty($user_settings['filename']) ? '' : $user_settings['filename'],
'custom_dir' => !empty($user_settings['attachment_type']) && $user_settings['attachment_type'] == 1,
'id_attach' => isset($user_settings['id_attach']) ? $user_settings['id_attach'] : 0
),
'smiley_set' => isset($user_settings['smiley_set']) ? $user_settings['smiley_set'] : '',
'messages' => empty($user_settings['instant_messages']) ? 0 : $user_settings['instant_messages'],
'unread_messages' => empty($user_settings['unread_messages']) ? 0 : $user_settings['unread_messages'],
'total_time_logged_in' => empty($user_settings['total_time_logged_in']) ? 0 : $user_settings['total_time_logged_in'],
'buddies' => !empty($modSettings['enable_buddylist']) && !empty($user_settings['buddy_list']) ? explode(',', $user_settings['buddy_list']) : array(),
'ignoreboards' => !empty($user_settings['ignore_boards']) && !empty($modSettings['allow_ignore_boards']) ? explode(',', $user_settings['ignore_boards']) : array(),
'ignoreusers' => !empty($user_settings['pm_ignore_list']) ? explode(',', $user_settings['pm_ignore_list']) : array(),
'warning' => isset($user_settings['warning']) ? $user_settings['warning'] : 0,
'permissions' => array(),

TheListener

Quote from: lparker on May 05, 2012, 09:28:44 PM
umm i dont think i post attachments on here.....

Maybe because of ya low post count. Not to worry, just the lines of code requested will be enough ( I hope).

lparker

i edited my previous post to include lines 490 through to 510

if you need more let me know

Arantor

It isn't Load.php that's at fault. It's your theme's index.template.php in Themes/Anecdota_20g/index.template.php that's at fault.

It's line 501 on there that's at fault, not Load.php.

lparker

}
echo '
</ul>';
}
echo '
</li>';
}

echo '
</ul>
</div><br class="clear" />
',PublicIndextop(),'';
}

// Generate a strip of buttons.
function template_button_strip($button_strip, $direction = 'top', $strip_options = array())
{
global $settings, $context, $txt, $scripturl;

if (!is_array($strip_options))
$strip_options = array();

',PublicIndextop(),''; is line 501

Arantor

So there's the call that's causing it to fail. That's not stock SMF code so it's a mod you've added?

You can, for the time being, replace that line with:
', '', '

to get your forum running again...

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Ctoshack

when I changed that line it made a hole wack of new errors...  so that did not work as expected.

TheListener

Can ya list some of the errors please.

Can see the forum now which is the main thing.

lparker

yeah changed to a different theme...and seems to be working so far...

if we delete the old theme, and reinstall it fresh (just the theme we were using i mean) do you think it would fly? or would it mess up our currently installed mods?

which are

1.    Add IP2Location to Track IP    1.3    
2.    Adk System Advertising    1.0    
3.    Location on memberlist SMF2    1.5    
4.    Simple Image Upload    1.3.0    
5.    SA Facebook    2.0 RC4 Rev58
6.    Stop Spammer    2.3.9    
7.    httpBL    2.5.1    
8.    GoogAd Mod v.1.4    1.3    
9.    SimpleAds    1.0.1    
10.    SA GPlus    0.3 REV 9    
11.    Board Attachments    1.0