Items out of alignment

Started by Road Rash Jr., February 20, 2011, 05:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Rash Jr.

See attached pics where the input areas are out of alignment with left text.
RC5
SP 2.3.3

This is occuring in all the admin areas.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Arantor

Does it work on the default theme?

What browser are you using?

Road Rash Jr.

It's the same on the default theme, using IE8

Just tried it with in compatability mode and it shows fine, also shows fine in FF. DOH!!!
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Road Rash Jr.

Thanks Arantor, I will mark this solved as it appears to be a non issue  :o

Arantor

It still should be right though so if it's misaligned on IE8 without compat view, it's still a bug.

Road Rash Jr.

Ah ok, then I will unsolve this.

Road Rash Jr.

Here's a pic of a newly install RC5 IE 8 no mods with a screwed up registration page. Even using compability mode didn't fix it.
Shows normal in FF

Road Rash Jr.

Is this being looked into by the team?

Antechinus

Road Rash Jr.

Illori

Antechinus has this been resolved?

Antechinus

Can't remember. It may not have been tracked.

Illori

when you get a chance can you try to check?

Antechinus

emanuele

* emanuele doesn't have IE8.

Is there anyone that can confirm if the issue is still present or not?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Antechinus

That screenshot is using a non-standard font size. That's probably why the alignment has gone out. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it happens with other browsers either. Those definition lists are a prick to keep stable. Try it with a range of font sizes and resolutions on any browser and see what happens. My bet is you wont have to try too hard to get breaks somewhere.

I most likely forgot about this topic and never checked it, so the problem probably still exists.

Arantor

I don't have IE8 to test with, but I can't break 2.1 with other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) at varying sizes.

I think I'm going to have move this to resolved (since, to be honest, it's not going to get fixed in 2.0)

Advertisement: