SMF Development > Feature Requests

Requires admin re-approval if post modified by poster upon approval

(1/5) > >>

boboger:
Hi there,

I am on SMF 2.0.2. I really appreciate if you can help with post moderation. I want that the post goes back to queue for re-approval in Moderation Center if the post modified/edited(spammers trick...) by poster upon admin approval.

Robert.:
That's possible with a few small code edits, but I think it would be better for a mod request. What do you think? :)

Elmacik:
I guess it would be better as a feature because its more likely a core matter rather than being an additional option. If you think of the logic of "approving posts"; its more appropriate to be a core feature since the approved post consists of the intact message only; not the poster itself. Currently, it means actually you approve the poster; not the message. So he/she can change whole message to whatever she/he wants and you accept that you already approved what he/she will say in the future. (Of course I don't mean her/his later messages to the topics; I mean the editions to the existing message)

On the other hand; it might be said that if you approve someone's message, it means that you put trust in that person; so it might be a bit harsh to ask approving again for even the little typo corrections..

Well, there are opinions for both sides. :) There might be lots of administrators that would misuse this "feature" but I still think it might be more appropriate if it was a core feature (which might be disabled defaultly).

Robert.:
I think that if it's going to be default, that there should be an option for it. :P Namely because of this:

--- Quote ---On the other hand; it might be said that if you approve someone's message, it means that you put trust in that person; so it might be a bit harsh to ask approving again for even the little typo corrections..
--- End quote ---

Let's look at the showcase board on this forum for example. A user made a mistake. He wanted to type "forum" rather than "frum". His topic was approved and after it was approved, he realized that he made a mistake. He wants to fix it, what causes the topic to go back on approval. That's why I would prefer not to have it in core. :P But that's just me, though.

Elmacik:

--- Quote from: 医生唱片骑师 on May 07, 2012, 10:29:44 AM ---I think that if it's going to be default, that there should be an option for it. :P

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's why I said "it shall be disabled defaultly". And that's also why I said "there might be lots of administrators that would misuse this feature". I guess if it was a feature that's disabled first; most of the people won't bother to enable it and everything will still be nice :P

Anyways, if it goes a core feature; I think it must be optional for each board individually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version