News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How do i start my own forum?!

Started by MannyGoesRoar, May 11, 2012, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MannyGoesRoar

i already have a forum. but not sure if i have to make a new one. if so, can you please guide me through it.

my current forum is www DOT apocalypto.forumotion DOT com

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

TheListener

Hi Manny welcome to smf.

There may be a converter tool so your current forum can be converted but someone else will have to say yes or no to that.

Have a look at http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Main_Page

which will hopefully tell you what you need to know.

Any questions feel free to bombard us.

Matthew K.

MannyGoesRoar

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 11, 2012, 12:33:07 AM
Hi Manny welcome to smf.

There may be a converter tool so your current forum can be converted but someone else will have to say yes or no to that.

Have a look at http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Main_Page

which will hopefully tell you what you need to know.

Any questions feel free to bombard us.

Ok so, I want a forum like my current forum. i can't find it on here... can you PLEASE help me through skype? or a direct link?

MrPhil

OK, Manny, I see your "current forum" is created and hosted by forumotion.com. They do not provide SMF forums. You would have to find either a free SMF-providing host, or a free or cheap general purpose host. Note that many free SMF providers place serious restrictions on either your subject area, or what modifications you can make, or both. If you go with a general purpose host, you can install SMF per the instruction links given previously. Note that SMF will be a new forum type for you, in case you have (or don't have, as the case may be) experience in installing a forum and operating a web site in general.

MannyGoesRoar

Quote from: MrPhil on May 11, 2012, 03:39:00 PM
OK, Manny, I see your "current forum" is created and hosted by hxxp:forumotion.com [nonactive]. They do not provide SMF forums. You would have to find either a free SMF-providing host, or a free or cheap general purpose host. Note that many free SMF providers place serious restrictions on either your subject area, or what modifications you can make, or both. If you go with a general purpose host, you can install SMF per the instruction links given previously. Note that SMF will be a new forum type for you, in case you have (or don't have, as the case may be) experience in installing a forum and operating a web site in general.

i've edited a lot of different forums. but for some reason i can't find SMF forums. any that you know of, that are free?

MrPhil

Are you looking for a free host that has SMF pre-installed? smfforfree and smfnew and maybe a few others exist. If you don't mind installing SMF yourself onto a free or low cost host, SMF itself is free to obtain and install on any host (if that's your actual question).

mariolatif741

ok i m too  was didn't know how to make smf forum! :) :) but now i m learn

search on youtube for "
How to make a free forum using SMF 2.0.2"

and select the first one

i hope its helpful and good

Advertisement: