Get To Know The Team: Yoshi2889

Started by NanoSector, May 11, 2012, 10:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmacik

Quote from: live627 on May 11, 2012, 06:20:40 PM
Youngsters. I started in HTML at 16.

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on May 11, 2012, 11:50:13 AM
PHP, HTML, CSS, AJAX and JS, probably. Definitely PHP :)
AJAX isn't a language. It's part of Javascript.

Well, if we start to count on that; we'd have to say then;

1- HTML is not a programming language; as refered in its name, its just a mark-up language.
2- JavaScript is not a programming language either, again as refered in name, its a scripting language
3- CSS is not a programming language either; see the name again.. :)
4- AJAX is definitly not a language, it's better called a set of JS methods and libraries.

Accordingly the only programming language counted in the list is PHP; besides it's being counted in scripting languages at some places.

Whatever, I guess our young friend has a long way to go; but being eager and having enough opportunities he's getting fast to where he likes. Still worth to appreciate though.
Home of Elmacik

Arantor

Being a scripting language doesn't stop it being a programming language provided it means the criteria for being a programming language, which ultimately comes down to 'does it have variables, can it jump around and can it create loop conditions' and both JS and PHP satisfy.

Decrying it as a scripting language instead of a programming language is like trying to argue that a truck is not a vehicle, because your idea of a vehicle is a car.

The definition of a scripting language really comes down to the fact that it is interpreted not compiled, but it doesn't prevent either from being actual programming languages. Heck, you can actually write a web*server* in JavaScript.

Elmacik

Arantor, you are very fast on objection. So fast that you are replying without carefully reading. :)

I said "if we start to count on that".. I don't personally think JS is not a programming language. Furthermore, its being a programming language doesn't affect others being not.
Home of Elmacik

NanoSector

Quote from: Elmacik on May 12, 2012, 08:02:44 AM
Quote from: live627 on May 11, 2012, 06:20:40 PM
Youngsters. I started in HTML at 16.

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on May 11, 2012, 11:50:13 AM
PHP, HTML, CSS, AJAX and JS, probably. Definitely PHP :)
AJAX isn't a language. It's part of Javascript.

Well, if we start to count on that; we'd have to say then;

1- HTML is not a programming language; as refered in its name, its just a mark-up language.
2- JavaScript is not a programming language either, again as refered in name, its a scripting language
3- CSS is not a programming language either; see the name again.. :)
4- AJAX is definitly not a language, it's better called a set of JS methods and libraries.

The only programming language counted in the list is PHP; besides it's being counted in scripting languages at some places.

Whatever, I guess our young friend has a long way to go; but being eager and having enough opportunities he's getting fast to where he likes. Still worth to appreciate though.
lmao, nice shot.

Though guys, I didn't mean to say create your Place O' Spam here, please stop spamming this topic with this discussion, else I'll have to split it into another discussion and I don't feel like doing so.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Elmacik

Home of Elmacik

NanoSector

"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Robert.

Arantor

Quote from: Elmacik on May 12, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
Arantor, you are very fast on objection. So fast that you are replying without carefully reading. :)

I said "if we start to count on that".. I don't personally think JS is not a programming language. Furthermore, its being a programming language doesn't affect others being not.

I'm very fast to tell people when they are wrong. JS is in any way you care to slice it, a programming language.

There are people who have written complete PC emulators in JavaScript (capable of running Linux in the browser and nothing else), so no matter how much you think it isn't, it is a programming language.

Elmacik

Quote from: Arantor on May 12, 2012, 10:30:47 AM
I'm very fast to tell people when they are wrong. JS is in any way you care to slice it, a programming language.

There are people who have written complete PC emulators in JavaScript (capable of running Linux in the browser and nothing else), so no matter how much you think it isn't, it is a programming language.

Thus you're very fast on being wrong ;) But it's not important, although you don't see my point, I see yours.

Quote from: ElmacikI don't personally think JS is not a programming language

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on May 12, 2012, 10:21:15 AM
Am I a scripting language? D:

You are more likely a scripter; still about you :P
Home of Elmacik

Arantor

Quote from: Elmacik on May 12, 2012, 10:57:35 AM
Thus you're very fast on being wrong ;) But it's not important, although you don't see my point, I see yours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript

JavaScript (sometimes abbreviated JS) is a prototype-based scripting language that is dynamic, weakly typed, general purpose programming language and has first-class functions. It is a multi-paradigm language, supporting object-oriented,[5] imperative, and functional[1][6] programming styles.

Elmacik

Sorry Yoshi2889 I might have caused people spam this topic because someone who thinks he has the best of knowledge has blocked my PMs although he has never received a PM from me for this thing.

Well, having a knowledge about programming languages definitely requires enough reading and understanding abilities which sometimes people refuse to have.

* Elmacik quotes himself again and needs to tell for the third time.

Quote from: ElmacikI don't personally think JS is not a programming language
Home of Elmacik

NanoSector

Quote from: Elmacik on May 12, 2012, 11:22:46 AM
Sorry Yoshi2889 I might have caused people spam this topic because someone who thinks he has the best of knowledge has blocked my PMs although he has never received a PM from me for this thing.
Meh I don't mind, I can split it if I want to :P

Arantor: Elmacik is clearly giving an opinion there. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you can change his mind about it.

Arantor

I'm sorry. Won't cause any more trouble.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Psst!

Do you play video game consoles?  Which ones?
Nope.

Finally someone who doesn't play game consoles as me :P

So, when you are bored and can't go out to play and have no homework as such, what do you do on a computer?

NanoSector

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on May 12, 2012, 02:55:50 PM
Psst!

Do you play video game consoles?  Which ones?
Nope.

Finally someone who doesn't play game consoles as me :P

So, when you are bored and can't go out to play and have no homework as such, what do you do on a computer?
Fiddle around a bit with a piece of code or try to destroy optimize an SMF installation... :P

Marcus Forsberg

Can't we just agree on calling all languages mumbo jumbo instead? That's essentially  what they are anyway, no?

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on May 11, 2012, 05:45:29 PM
Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 11, 2012, 05:39:35 PM
@The Craw - Oh I know...I started with HTML when I was 12, but I never took programming seriously until I was 14. Jealous lol.
lol, I started with HTML and a bit of CSS when I was like 10.

You're starting to seem too much like a new me. Started HTML/CSS at 10, joined the SMF team at 13, left the team at 15, found the meaning of life at 16.5, had first girl/boyfriend at 34...?

NanoSector

Quote from: Marcus Forsberg on May 12, 2012, 05:29:56 PM
Can't we just agree on calling all languages mumbo jumbo instead? That's essentially  what they are anyway, no?
Whatever you prefer mate.

{snap}

You're starting to seem too much like a new me. Started HTML/CSS at 10, joined the SMF team at 13, left the team at 15, found the meaning of life at 16.5, had first girl/boyfriend at 34...?
Haha, that's weird. Maybe I'm a copy of you... :P

TheListener

Haha, that's weird. Maybe I'm a copy of you... :P

Yikes.

Marcus Forsberg

I know the old fossil would not enjoy *that* ;D

NanoSector

Quote from: Marcus Forsberg on May 12, 2012, 05:39:04 PM
I know the old fossil would not enjoy *that* ;D
And that's what she said..... ::)

Advertisement: