News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Get To Know The Team: Yoshi2889

Started by NanoSector, May 11, 2012, 10:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmacik

Depends on the vehicle you are using. Because on some cars, it's fun and a lot comfortable to go over 200 kmh, but on some others, if you speed over 100 kmh, you will think that it's gonna blow to the space.
Home of Elmacik

NanoSector

Quote from: Elmacik on July 02, 2012, 06:53:09 AM
Depends on the vehicle you are using. Because on some cars, it's fun and a lot comfortable to go over 200 kmh, but on some others, if you speed over 100 kmh, you will think that it's gonna blow to the space.
I don't think it is going to explode, I just have an odd feeling with it.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

I prefer to FEEL the speed I'm doing. I feel much safer, then.

In many ways, I think it's bad that you can drive a car, now, without having to do bikes, first, like you used to.

Bikes give you a better feel for just how bloody dangerous the roads really are and car-drivers are somewhat cosseted, from that.

Elmacik

No, I don't mean the supposition of explosion. It's very uncomfortable, insecure and weird to speed with some vehicles. That is; I can speed over 200 kmh and enjoy it, but on some cars, if you speed over 100 kmh, it will make you feel like you are at mach 3 speed; so insecure and uncomfortable; therefore scary like it will get scattered so fast.
Home of Elmacik

kat

Scary is good.

It's supposed to be like that because speed IS dangerous.

As I said, I spent two months in a coma. I actually died, at one point.

Speed might be fun, yes. But, it does kill.

Elmacik

Yeah couldn't agree more. But I still insist on saying being how much scary depends on the vehicle you are driving.
Home of Elmacik

Marcus Forsberg

I still find myself terrified of driving my own scooter since I hurt my leg and arm a year ago. And that only reaches 45km/h. :P Riding on the back of my friend's moped when he was driving in over 90km/h however... that was great fun! And greatly idiotic, too.

kat

Quote from: Elmacik on July 02, 2012, 07:28:08 AM
Yeah couldn't agree more. But I still insist on saying being how much scary depends on the vehicle you are driving.

Yes, you're right.

What I'm contending, is that having speed without "scary", is what's killing people.

If going fast makes you scared, as it should, you wouldn't do it.

Arantor

Speed itself doesn't kill, it's the rapidity of stopping suddenly that kills ;)

But when people are 'comfortable' with being very very fast and there is familiarity with it, familiarity breeds contempt, and people who have contempt for something tend not to give it the healthy respect it deserves...

NanoSector

Quote from: Elmacik on July 02, 2012, 07:02:52 AM
No, I don't mean the supposition of explosion. It's very uncomfortable, insecure and weird to speed with some vehicles. That is; I can speed over 200 kmh and enjoy it, but on some cars, if you speed over 100 kmh, it will make you feel like you are at mach 3 speed; so insecure and uncomfortable; therefore scary like it will get scattered so fast.
It's not like our car doesn't feel uncomfortable, I just do not feel secure in *any* car. That's just me. It's not scary as "Oooooh that's freaky" but more like "HOLY CRAP I'M GONNA TURN ROUND WITH THIS THING", with me.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Elmacik

Conclusion is, feeling the speed is very much scary than the speed itself. Relative speed :P
Home of Elmacik

NanoSector

I build myself a new media center, a while ago :)

- CPU: Intel Core i5 670
- Mobo: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H
- RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
- GPU: Sparke NVIDIA GeForce 560 Ti
- HDD: 250 GB Western Digital
- Case: Packard Bell OEM (couldn't find a better one around :P)

So yeah, added to the gadgets-list-thingy.

Also I'm feeling less comfortable in our Mercedes lately, it keeps beeping alerting us that two errors occurred in it's system...

TheListener

Sheesh you and ya technobabble lol.

Aint it past ya bedtime?

(Is almost 1am in UK)

NanoSector

Quote from: Old Fossil on July 20, 2012, 07:53:50 PM
Sheesh you and ya technobabble lol.

Aint it past ya bedtime?

(Is almost 1am in UK)
02:07am here, ain't tired yet! ;D

(probably am once I go and lie down but *cough*)

TheListener

Bet ya parents don't know either lol.

NanoSector

Quote from: Old Fossil on July 20, 2012, 08:11:03 PM
Bet ya parents don't know either lol.
Lol, they do, they're fine with whatever time I go to sleep, even if it's 4am :P

mrintech

You are only 13!!!!!  :o

And you developed MODS: http://www.map3cms.co.cc/index.php?action=mods  :o :o :o

You got a great future ahead :) All the Best :)

NanoSector

Quote from: mrintech on August 09, 2012, 02:46:57 PM
You are only 13!!!!!  :o

And you developed MODS: http://www.map3cms.co.cc/index.php?action=mods  :o :o :o

You got a great future ahead :) All the Best :)
Thanks! :)

I enjoy programming, therefore I can't resist building things on top of SMF ;)
In fact, that page is some kind-of mod I made, though not for the public :P

cicka

I was very surprised to see that you are only 13 years old. You are very mature for your age. And you are talented in coding. I also see a bright future for you in the coding world.

kat

Thankfully, he can be a total weirdo, when he wants to be. :)

I have to say this... I have NEVER met a Dutch person that I haven't got on VERY well with, in Real Life.

I spent quite a bit of time, over there. Everybody was pleasantly mental. :)

Mostly around Eindhoven and Dortrecht.

Advertisement: