Is there a mod to stop users posting their websites in their profiles?

Started by shin111, May 13, 2012, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin111

I have SMF 1.1.16. Is there a mod or simple way to change the template to stop users posting their websites in their profiles?

I was able to find a mod that blocks website signatures, but not the website field itself?

nend

It is in "Features and Options" in "Signatures". I believe all you would have to do is disable the url BBC. It should remove the link but the text would probably still be there.

Kindred

he's not talking about signatures, nend.... he wants to de-acticate the "website" field in the profile

smf admin > features and settings > profile fields
?action=admin;area=featuresettings;sa=profile

uncheck the "active" box for "website"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

oops. you're right.

Upgrade to 2.0.2 and you an do it easily.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shin111

Yep, no way I'm upgrading, too much work, having to redo the template all over again, and losing all my very useful mods that have -not- been duplicated for 2.0+.

Hope someone comes up with this someday for 1.x It's pretty much essential security type thing against spambots really. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

Also trying to import my old database from 1.x in a test forum to 2.x has never worked for me, I've spent hours on it, no more. :D

Advertisement: