News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[4983] 2.0.2, linktree says 'manage and install' when it shouldn't

Started by Robert., May 14, 2012, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.

Hi y'all. :) I found a small linktree issue that occurs when clicking on the "Current theme" menu item in the admin panel. The linktree says 'Manage and Install' while it should say 'Theme Settings'. I know most people don't care, but thought it would be helpful to report it. :) No mods installed, default theme.

IchBin™

IchBin™        TinyPortal

Robert.

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Robert.

emanuele

Unfortunately I don't know if the fix breaks anything else... O:)

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Merged into master. It may have broken something...it will be discovered during the beta testing. :P

commit 64700ab87e4b9dab9afb3bdc31592b924c9ba9a7
Author: emanuele
Date: Sun May 27 2012

The link tree of the current theme page (and few others) is now correct [Bug 4983]

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

BaghdadGhost

here is an unusual question, how to install this patch? I downloaded the attached file but its extension is .patch !

emanuele

It's a "diff", I used that format simply because I was working on the development repository and it was handy (for me :P).
Googling a bit seems that you'd need something like tortoise svn/git to apply it on windows.
Otherwise you can open the file with a text editor, lines that start with a "+" should be added, lines that start with a "-" should be removed, all the other lines are to give you indications of where the lines to edit are.

Take in consideration this patch is (most likely, I don't remember exactly) from a development version, so something in between 2.0 and 2.1, it's possible you won't find some of the lines.
Since it's not a particularly critical bug, unless you know what you are doing, I'd suggest you to wait until 2.1 is out. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

BaghdadGhost

Thanks for the explanation. I think I can do that, but I will take your advice and just wait for 2.1 :D

Advertisement: