Announcement email sent to all members?

Started by jeanineh, June 10, 2012, 03:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanineh

I've been looking around but haven't found what I was looking for. If I missed it just point me in the right direction. I would like to be able to send out announcements to all members at one time when ever I  need to. Not all members have 'notify' set in their profiles. Is it possible for the admin to do this? Do you need a Mod for it? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I am using 2.0.2 Clear Sky if that helps any.

Arantor

Admin > Main > News and Newsletters will let you do that.

kat

Just a note, here...

Depending on how many members you have and your host, you MIGHT get problems.

Some hosts, particularly free ones, restrict the number of mails you can send and some get dead shirty about you sending loads out in one go.

jeanineh

Oh, wow, didn't realize I could do that. It will go out to all members in their email? I'm using Charlottezweb.com for hosting but will check with them first. Right now the board is small. (270) Recently had to create a whole new one as the old Discus board (11 years) just kept breaking down, which had several thousand and couldn't figure out how to move all members over. :( I guess I can send myself a 'test' to make sure it looks ok? Thanks.

Advertisement: