Add a link back to website from SMF forum

Started by gpflyfishing, May 16, 2012, 01:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpflyfishing

Hi I would like to add a link back to my website from my forum. Right now when visitors go to the forum there is no way to get back to the website.  How do I add a link back to my site and what is the best practice for placement? 

coldthunder

had the same problem and i assume there is probably a easy fix but i just loaded the menu lite editor mod which allows you to add or modify current buttons. I just modified the home button to go back to my main page. then i added a new button called forum home page so it was easier for user to get back to main forum page.

TheListener

It depends on how you want it.

From a posts link?

As a menu link?

Redirection board?

gpflyfishing

It would be a menu link.  How would I do that?  I'm gonna look at menu lite editor mod too.

gpflyfishing

I tried the menu mod but it removed the menu completely instead of adding to it. Are there any other menu mods out there?

coldthunder

Did you use the menu editor lite mod? if so sorry to hear that, worked great on mine but im also using the default theme. Check the menu editor lite support link to see if anyone else posted that issue

gpflyfishing

thx, menu lite does exactly what I am looking for just need it work.  I posted in the menu lite thread so hopefully I will get some support.

TheListener

I use a portal page and a custom tabs mod to do this.

grizzz

I just added the hyperlink to my logo - - Members love it and they are used to that.

http://cmc-victoria.com/forum065

riou

Advertisement: