News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ok, This is my site: (screenshot) How do i edit "That"

Started by olivestab, May 16, 2012, 11:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olivestab

Hello again, you guys have been a great help, and i have manage to create a legitimately professional looking forum for the first time ever!

I basically took a theme i sought fit my vision most, and i swapped out the graphical elements to theme it more to my likings, and so far, this is how it looks.

How can i add a background in the Grey/Scribbled in area?
The green Circles are elements i was able to find in the images folder.
I could not find a way to add a background in the greed area, also, i looked it up on google chorm "Code View" and for some reason everything BUT the great area would "Highlight" and show certain properties.

Can anyone help with this?

also, i have used some images that i need to give credit for, where in the themes folder can i modify a document and replace it on my server so i can add credits at the bottom of the page?

and lastly, is there a "Rich Text Edditor" on the actual forum? this would be so much easier if  could just access and edit the css code within the forum (like you can on wordpress)

I really appreciate your help guys.

My site is a fan forum for metal gear solid. its still in alpha stage, but I'm planing to make it public on june 12th.
so if there are any major fans out there, feel free to visit and help stress out the forum for me!
Site:
mgsuniversetest . co . cc

(we are currently testing out the censorship system!!!!  ;D )

TheListener

The majority of your questions are best answered by the author of the theme.

Can you please let us know the themes name so we can direct to to the themes support topic.

As for the credits. Have a look at the Custom Copyright Mod.

olivestab

I apalogize, it is the theme Inferno,  simply wish to make a collage of images, and use them as a background inlace of the grayed area. 

TheListener

Quote from: olivestab on May 16, 2012, 11:28:58 PM
I apalogize, it is the theme Inferno,  simply wish to make a collage of images, and use them as a background inlace of the grayed area.

I presume you mean Inferno by Dziner Studios?

olivestab

Yes correct, designer studios, again i apologize, it's been almost 14 hours since i had access to the internet. If anyone could help me out on how to change that background i would be very grateful.

TheListener

The best place to ask for support for a dziner theme is dziners own forum.

mashby

#main_body {
background: #dedede url(../images/custom/main_body.jpg) 0 0 repeat-x;
}

That whole div is set to have this image repeat on the x-axis and use a gray wherever the image doesn't cover which is the Grey/Scribbled area. You could consider finding an image that could repeat on both axes.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

floridaflatlander

Change repeat-x to repeat and see what happens, it will depend on the image as to what it will look like.

Use your editor to find the footer div in the index.template.php, be careful but you can add info here.

Get and use firefoxes, firebug or chromes developers tools. They are God sends.

I hope you're using apache and php on your local computer, it makes life user, make backups before you edit.

amitets

you can edit any page or give a look by photoshope.

Matthew K.

Quote from: amitets on May 18, 2012, 08:33:38 AM
you can edit any page or give a look by photoshope.
Really? How? Not quite that simple, I'm afraid.

NIAB

In CSS add

Body {
background-color: #YOU COLOR;
background-image: link to image;
}

Fog

Quote from: mashby on May 18, 2012, 06:52:28 AM
#main_body {
background: #dedede url(../images/custom/main_body.jpg) 0 0 repeat-x;
}

Simple...See the "Repeat-x"  drop the "-x" and your problem will be solved.

Florida is right...

ARG01

The OP was offered assistance days ago on this issue at Dziner Studio. Too bad they never logged in since to discover the solution.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: