ignored boards topics are shown in unread replies

Started by ibtkm, May 17, 2012, 10:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibtkm

Hi all.
I'm the admin of a smf forum and there we got a tricky problem. forums users ignore some boards from their profile but those boards topics are still shown in unread replies.

Isn't it a bug? Is there any way to fix that? I read Recent.php codes but I didn't find anything useful. tnx

Thantos

It is intentional.  They replied to the topic so it makes sense that "unread replies" show that topic.  Replying indicates you have interest in that topic even if you don't have interest in that board.

ibtkm

Yes you are right :D but they are insisting on fixing this. is there anything I can do in order to fix that? for example adding sth to Recent.php?

Elmacik

Once I had made a mod for this, a button above the list saying "neglect the selected topics from this list" and it was a lot useful in a big board. Maybe I'd re-pack and release but hope somebody does that before me :)
Home of Elmacik

Thantos

Quote from: ibtkm on May 17, 2012, 11:26:54 AM
Yes you are right :D but they are insisting on fixing this. is there anything I can do in order to fix that? for example adding sth to Recent.php?
Without looking at the code:  Find the query that does the unread replies and change 'query_see_boards' to 'query_wanna_see_boards'

ibtkm

Quote from: Thantos on May 17, 2012, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: ibtkm on May 17, 2012, 11:26:54 AM
Without looking at the code:  Find the query that does the unread replies and change 'query_see_boards' to 'query_wanna_see_boards'
You mean there is a mysql command a in a variable named "query_see_boards" ?

the difference of them is that the second one ignores topics from ignored boards?

tnx .

Elmacik

query_see_board is an index of boards list that user is eligible to see. So finding it in unreadreplies query and changing it to query_wanna_see_boards will do the trick as per what Thantos says.
Home of Elmacik

Advertisement: