News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

NEED HELP: Converting IPB 2.2 (?; database only on-hand) to SMF 2.0.14

Started by Craw, October 15, 2017, 05:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craw

Hi all.

As the subject line reads I need help in converting from IPB 2.2 (I think) to SMF 2.0.14.

The old forum doesn't exist anymore but I have the old database. We experienced problems with the old host. I don't have an IPB installation anymore but I have a somewhat updated database (AFAIK). Will I be able to work with this? I tried the conversion tools found here in SMF but it's asking me for the IPB installation -- at least that's what I understand. It's not pushing through because I don't have an IPB installation anymore.

Will we be able to work with this? Thanks and God bless!
4x4 Philippines | www.4xph.com

But He (Jesus Christ) said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore
I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me. -- 2 Corinthians 12:9

TE

Importing a database should work, what you need is this converter:
https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0_invision22_converter.zip

you need to import the old ipb database to your database server, then create a file named conf_global.php (this will "emulate" the IPB forum installation) and add the following content:
<?php
$INFO
['sql_database'] = 'DBNAME';
$INFO['sql_tbl_prefix'] = 'PREFIX';

replace DBNAME with the database, you imported your old IPB database dump in and PREFIX with the old table prefix (IPB tables should start with ipb_ or something similar.

then point convert.php (the part where your IPB is located) to the folder where your placed the conf_global.php

Craw

Thank you, TE. I'll try that maybe this weekend. Just so busy at work and at home.

Quote from: TE on October 31, 2017, 03:18:54 AM
Importing a database should work, what you need is this converter:
https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0_invision22_converter.zip

you need to import the old ipb database to your database server, then create a file named conf_global.php (this will "emulate" the IPB forum installation) and add the following content:
<?php
$INFO
['sql_database'] = 'DBNAME';
$INFO['sql_tbl_prefix'] = 'PREFIX';

replace DBNAME with the database, you imported your old IPB database dump in and PREFIX with the old table prefix (IPB tables should start with ipb_ or something similar.

then point convert.php (the part where your IPB is located) to the folder where your placed the conf_global.php
4x4 Philippines | www.4xph.com

But He (Jesus Christ) said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore
I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me. -- 2 Corinthians 12:9

Advertisement: