News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] IPB 3.2/3.3/3.4

Started by emanuele, May 17, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

Quote from: mikemastercorp on January 17, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
I just allowed myself to make the long story short in case somebody like me would ran into my problems that were solved THANKS TO YOU and I really appreciate your work:
You are welcome! :)

I did notticed that instead of Forums/SubForums and topics now all the topics are in one main forum after the conversion. It does not bother me that much as it would take me probably 15-30 minutes to fix up all the structures etc, however just to mention the things I notticed.
I think this is something tricky to set up properly.
I remember at some point I did a conversion for another user and I had to tweak the code because IPB was considering its "categories" the same as we call "boards" and the conversion was failing because the converter was converting a category into a category, but since SMF cannot contain topics in categories, but only boards it was impossible to see any topic...
It seems IPB can be configured in several ways...

The smileys in the topics work perfectly fine, however in the private messages they are still showing like this:
Argh!
I probably applied the fix to the messages body, but not PMs...
* emanuele takes note.

One other thing that is strange is the fact that the imported topics are more in numbers as the original count in the IPB. I did my homework and it turns out that even having posts/topics erased because of a spam etc. the import somehow did import them too (as well as the spam users). I know it sounds weird as I did several times checked to make sure that the posts in question are deleted (spam users too!) but the import found them somehow and added them to the new board.
mmm...I think I know the answer.

One last thing (also simple to be fixed in my case but probably can cause troubles with large forum boards) - the manually added smileys in IPB are not imported neither with images, nor with the bbcode and they appear like this:
Do you mean empty?
Yes, smiley are not imported...I'll look into it, but not in the next days...feel free to bump the topic next week. ;)

I would like to do a small donation as a tiny reward for your hard work helping strangers to have their problems solver. I would also encourage everyone else to "buy a coffee" to this brave man that started fulfilling our dreams and let them come true...
Thank you very much, very appreciated! But the fact that my code helped a bit is more than enough for me. ;)
And, by the way, I cannot even say it's all my work, because in fact I didn't do much, I just tweaked what others before me did for IPB 3.0. :)

ETA: of course, thank you very much for the detailed report.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

I just attached a new version to the first message with some of the fixes proposed in the topic and some new one.

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Cassino

I have been getting hundreds of errors like this one:

Warning: copy(/monthly_10_2012/post-61-0-23558500-1350081511.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\xampp\htdocs\smf_forum\convert.php(1252) : eval()'d code on line 24

So none of the attachments were copied over.

The attachment from my ipb board would be located here: D:/xampp/htdocs/forum/uploads/monthly_10_2012/post-61-0-23558500-1350081511.jpg

In the ipb database the upload_dir conf_value is empty.
Manually adding the absolute system path to the directory there fixes the error for the script and the attachments work.

However shouldn't the script default to the /uploads/ directory relative to the ipb path? Where is/was the problem?

emanuele

Hi Cassino and welcome at sm.org.

Quote from: Cassino on May 15, 2013, 03:42:07 PM
However shouldn't the script default to the /uploads/ directory relative to the ipb path? Where is/was the problem?
The script reads the value from the db, and uses that, if that is empty the result is the absolute path you have experienced:
copy($oldAttachmentDir . '/' . $row['attach_location'], $attachmentUploadDir . '/' . $physical_filename)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

evilservo

sorry i may sound stupid but is the conversion done?

ElKompaAndres

just converted from IPB 3.4.4 and everything seems really good, thank you!

Mauricee

Could someone to show me an tutorial please ? I don't get it, what I must do ?

Viox

Quote from: emanuele on May 16, 2013, 04:55:44 AM
Hi Cassino and welcome at sm.org [nofollow].

Hi Emanuele, i have this problem:

Converting members...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAttachmentFilename() in /home/adminlj/public_html/forotest/convert.php on line 2339

My DB is not Empty

pols1337

Hi I am converting from IPB 3.4.5 to SMF 2.0.5

Gave access of my SMF database user to my IPB database, and started the installation.  Got stuck on Step 1 Convert Members.  See attachment.

Can you advise? 

pols1337

If it helps, I can attach my IPB SQL backup.

emanuele

Quote from: Viox on August 25, 2013, 12:16:53 PM
Hi Emanuele, i have this problem:

Converting members...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAttachmentFilename() in /home/adminlj/public_html/forotest/convert.php on line 2339

My DB is not Empty
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=search2;search=getAttachmentFilename;topic=477019

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=477019.msg3339519#msg3339519

Quote from: pols1337 on August 25, 2013, 09:25:08 PM
If it helps, I can attach my IPB SQL backup.
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
Never ever post a backup of your forum to a public place! Never!

That said:
Quote from: pols1337 on August 25, 2013, 09:19:39 PM
Gave access of my SMF database user to my IPB database, and started the installation.  Got stuck on Step 1 Convert Members.  See attachment.

Can you advise? 
Never seen anything like this (that I can remember)...

Try enabling the "debug" option in the first screen of the converter and see if you get some more details...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

pols1337

Hi I don't see an option to debug at all on the initial setup screen.  See attached. 

emanuele

Darn, I completely lost track of these topics...sorry! :-[

Oh yes, my fault, the debug is enabled adding "debug=1" to the url, so if your url is:
http://localhost/forum/convert.php
you should start with:
http://localhost/forum/convert.php?debug=1
it will take care by itself of the rest.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

brunob

Hello,

I've tried this convert with Ipboard 3.4.5 but it does not work.
Does anyone have good experiences with ipboard 3.4.5 and this convert?

Is there perhaps a possibility to transfer only the members?

Before i convert i check with /convert.php?debug=1 i get this error:
Notice: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/******/public_html/******/convert.php on line 70Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/******/public_html/******/convert.php:3163) in /home/******/public_html/******/convert.php on line 79

I hope someone can help me/us.

Greating,

Bruno  ;)

emanuele

If you can say exactly what is not working it may be possible to understand how to fix it. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

brunob

Hello Emanuele,

It's a lot to fix :(

- Passwords no longer works for the members and also for administrators and the other groups.
- All statastieken to zero. A member with 200 post now stands at zero.
- In topics i can not see the images any more.
- Suboards are not in the right place.
- All rights of the groups are also zero.
- Between the line/texts is a lot of space.

Thanks very much for your help.

Greatings,

Bruno  :)

emanuele

Quote from: brunob on September 04, 2013, 09:21:21 AM
- Passwords no longer works for the members and also for administrators and the other groups.
This is "normal", you can read through this discussion and you will find the same answer all the other times it has been asked: changing the system, also the encryption method changes. Since I have no idea what IPB uses I cannot provide any fallback.
SMF tries to handle some, but not IPB 3.x.

Do a recount from admin > maintenance > routin
And while you are recounting do also a fix all errors.

What does the bbcode for images look like in IPB?

Seems strange because the code is there...
Though, extrema ratio, unless you have 20,000 boards it shouldn't be *that* difficult to put them in the right place. ;)

Never even tried to convert the membergroups.
You have to set them up from scratch, sorry.

I'd need to at least see the content of the database fields before and after the conversion to understand what the problem is...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

brunob

Hello,

Quote from: emanuele on September 04, 2013, 11:20:30 AM
QuoteThis is "normal", you can read through this discussion and you will find the same answer all the other times it has been asked: changing the system, also the encryption method changes. Since I have no idea what IPB uses I cannot provide any fallback.
SMF tries to handle some, but not IPB 3.x.
That password don't work is normal okay thats not so good. I must go to see how I'm going to fix that

QuoteDo a recount from admin > maintenance > routin
And while you are recounting do also a fix all errors.
I've done that and work for general statastieken but a member with 200 post has still 0 posts.

QuoteWhat does the bbcode for images look like in IPB?
[img=http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif]

QuoteSeems strange because the code is there...
Though, extrema ratio, unless you have 20,000 boards it shouldn't be *that* difficult to put them in the right place. ;)
subboard en rights are good so!

QuoteNever even tried to convert the membergroups.
You have to set them up from scratch, sorry.
subboard en rights are good so!

QuoteI'd need to at least see the content of the database fields before and after the conversion to understand what the problem is...
Lots of space between line/text is á code problem. Some people copy a text from another sites and i I think that gives the problem.

Greatings Bruno  ;)

mentalist

IIRC IPB encrypts passwords via md5(md5($salt).md5($password))

emanuele

Quote from: Dexter Morgan on September 08, 2013, 07:12:23 AM
IIRC IPB encrypts passwords via md5(md5($salt).md5($password))
mmm...the same as IPB2?
Then in theory it should work out of the box since this is already included in SMF and both the password and the salt are transferred by the converter.
It should ask to reintroduce the password, but it should work.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: