News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] IPB 3.2/3.3/3.4

Started by emanuele, May 17, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

This is a beta, don't expect to obtain a working forum at the end of the process!
Better safe than sorry. :P

New files posted here
New files posted here
New files posted here

How to redirect IPB URLs to SMF: here

Mod Mark kindly provided me a backup of an IPB 3.2 board.
Starting from the IPB 3.0 converter I tried to obtain something working.

Now I get at least a forum up, there are still a couple of problems with PMs, notifications and calendar.

Personal Messages
I had to change the query and I'm not sure if the result is correct: if you can you should check bot if you see all the recipients of a certain PM and if you have *only* the PMs you are supposed to have.

Notifications and calendar
I have no idea where these two are kept...

So, if you have any IPB 3.2 forum that you would like to convert to SMF 2.0 and you have the possibility to test it and provide feedback, please do so! :D

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Robert.

fhsds

IPB 3.2.2 -> SMF 2.0.2 UTF :

QuoteConverting settings...
Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /Settings.php in \localhost\www\forum\Sources\Subs-Admin.php on line 249

Warning: file_get_contents(/Settings.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \localhost\www\forum\Sources\Subs-Admin.php on line 252
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

Herman's Mixen

Nice job :P

sometimes PHP wont let do things ask your host about it .. they can limit sometimes ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

emanuele

Quote from: fhsds on May 18, 2012, 05:28:01 AM
QuoteConverting settings...
Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /Settings.php in \localhost\www\forum\Sources\Subs-Admin.php on line 249

Warning: file_get_contents(/Settings.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \localhost\www\forum\Sources\Subs-Admin.php on line 252
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Wrong path for Settings.php?...

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

carlospok

I made my coverter and... convert all but wen i look the forum not appears the members, posts, topic :S

emanuele

Can you please create a new SMF install, update the converter and send me a PM so that I can check the conversion process?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

fhsds

Quote from: emanuele on May 18, 2012, 08:43:26 AM
Wrong path for Settings.php?...
no.
& users'passwords not converted too

can you publish instructions for the conversion with this converter?
mysql bases of ipb and smf should be shared?

emanuele

Basic instructions are:
1) install SMF (in a different directory and in the database you prefer, it can be the same or another one[1])
2) upload the two files of converter to the SMF directory
3) go to http://yourforum.tld/SMF_forum/convert.php
4) follow the instructions
5) happy ending...hopefully! :P

I feel I left some debug informations into the file...if you see many errors it could simply be that...or not...will check later.

[1] Regarding the database you can use two different databases only if they share the same MySQL user or if the two users can execute these SQL commands on both databases: SELECT, INSERT, REPLACE and DELETE.
If you are unsure you can simply install SMF in the same database as IPB, that will cut down any db-user related problem. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

carlospok

I edit the 3.0 converter to 3.3.0, and all rules, but i can viwe the posts and users it's the bad part u.u

emanuele

This converter *should* work with IPB 3.2, at the moment I have no idea of the differences between IPB 3.2 and 3.3...
If you can show me the database of an IPB 3.3 forum I can try to imagine what it should be changed to make it work with the new version...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Okay, here it is a second attempt.

Fixes from the first one:
1) now board moderators are properly converted without generate any error
2) members' post count is restored.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Adrek

I don't have IPB 3.2 but I tried it with 3.3.2 -

Converting attachments...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAttachmentFilename() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\smfipb2\convert.php(1251) : eval()'d code on line 18

Anyway, I can login, with my IPB password and i guess it seems to work fine, except this error :)

Great job! :)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

emanuele

Cool... :D

I was going to install your backup and see what were the differences with 3.2.

BTW the error seems strange...
I'm wondering if the attachments are converted properly...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Adrek

Quote from: emanuele on May 22, 2012, 05:02:07 PM
I'm wondering if the attachments are converted properly...
No - "There are currently no attachments."

emanuele

ehh...

If you want to try again, at line 330 you find:
require_once($sourcedir . '/Load.php');

add after or before it:
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs.php');

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Adrek

Now it works perfect :D Of course, converter needs more testers but it's almost done :)

And as always there are problems with charset (because my IPB was in ISO...) :)

ssullivan

Quote from: phantomm on May 23, 2012, 03:50:27 AM
Now it works perfect :D Of course, converter needs more testers but it's almost done :)

And as always there are problems with charset (because my IPB was in ISO...) :)
Shouldn't that be solved using the same charset in both tables?

Adrek

Have no idea, but this isn't related to converter, I'm sure that I messed up something in my db.
There are some glitches after changing language from English ISO to Polish UTF8, but I think that this is for another topic, and besides that I am testing converter for IPB 3.2 with IPB 3.3, so some errors are expected :)

Elizabeth II

ok works good but 1 thing how do i get rid of all this?

http://****************/forum//public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png\' class=\'bbc_emoticon\' alt=\'\' />

it shows that when a emoticons are used

Advertisement: