News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] IPB 3.2/3.3/3.4

Started by emanuele, May 17, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzocu

Ahh.. ok

But now I have this error:

Unknown column 'pc.field_3' in 'field list'

emanuele

Search:
        m.joined AS date_registered, SUBSTRING(pc.field_3, 1, 255) AS website_url,
SUBSTRING(pc.field_3, 1, 255) AS website_title,

and change it to:
        m.joined AS date_registered,
you may get more similar errors, same procedure: remove the piece of query that refers to that missing column...

* emanuele wonders if there is a better way to handle this kind of things...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Uzocu

Ah, ok you're all right now I have to ask just send me the password right?

emanuele

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Uzocu

No nothing and everything works correctly, really thank you very much  :)

artpop

Hi,

I was trying to convert ipb 3.3.3 with smf 2.0.2 and i got this error

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards...
Fatal error: Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_parent)(convert.php-2636) in /home/propagag/public_html/projects/artpop/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 684

What should i change??

emanuele

...I didn't notice the topic popping up in the unread replies...

mmm...you probably have some corrupted data...
Try open the IPB forums table and check the "parent_id" column: what type is it?
Does it contain anything that is not a number?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

artpop

it contains numbers but there are 3 that was -1 in the parent id listed

(this is the query i found in phpmyadmin: SELECT * FROM `forums` ORDER BY `forums`.`parent_id`  ASC )

emanuele

The -1 is perfectly fine...it should be a case taken in consideration and converted to 0.
IF (p.parent_id = -1, 0, p.parent_id) AS id_parent

Try this query:
SELECT parent_id
FROM `forums`
WHERE parent_id NOT
REGEXP '^[0-9]+$'

does the result contain only -1s?

Try checking in the "structure" view if the type of the column is int or mediumint or something with "int" in there (just to be sure).

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

artpop

didnt work! everything seem to be correct...

emanuele

Did you run from phpmyadmin the query I posted?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

And maybe report the result of the query?
That would help... ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

inukablaze

I've tried it. Mine keeps hanging on Private Messages (Step 1). It just stops and there is no "Continue" button at the bottom of the page. It just stops there. I don't know how to get past it or skip private message conversion so I'd at least have a working smf version of the board.

emanuele

Try enabling the "debug" at the beginning of the conversion and see if the converter shows some more useful error message.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

hhristov

Greetings ,
I am new in this forum convertors and php , and my question is :
Is there anyway i can buypass forum attachments and avatars convert . I want all of them to be wiped for the new forum?

emanuele

mmm...
I would simply do the conversion, then go to admin > forum > attachments and avatars > file maintenance and use the attachment pruning tool to just remove attachments older than...1 day (I'd guess using 0 would fail), and the same for avatars using "remove avatars from members not active for more than...", using 1 day again.
I think it's safer than change the converter (I think).

If you want to change the converter, there are two sections, one starting with:
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting attachments...
/******************************************************************************/

and the other starting with:
--- Converting user avatars...

remove them entirely (up to the successive "header" (i.e. the block "converting settings"))
Remember, when you finish to remove everything, to go to admin > maintenance > forum maintenance > routing and run "find and repair any errors" and "recount all forum totals and statistics", then go to admin > forum > attachments and avatars > file maintenance and run "attachment integrity check".

Unrelated: please note that solicit an answer by PM less than one hour after you've posted is not considered polite by most of the people here around. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

mikemastercorp

Emanuele, last evening I just started playing with the converter out of curiosity how difficult would that be to FINALLY ESCAPE from IPB and guess what.. I almost did it... And by ALMOST I mean that I have noticed few small things that need tweaking, but all in one the images were properly imported, the smileys (in the topics) work just fine, the message counting is perfect, the users number is properly set.

I just allowed myself to make the long story short in case somebody like me would ran into my problems that were solved THANKS TO YOU and I really appreciate your work:

ipb3_to_smf.sql & convert.php downloaded from here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=477019.msg3364303#msg3364303

Wrong Value Type Fix
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=477019.msg3410131#msg3410131

Smileys fixup try:

Quote from: Ventic on September 24, 2012, 09:22:33 AM
can you give me an example please cause i didnt understand it?
ok,
create a folder named ipb_smileys and upload all the smiley image files from your ipb there.
then via phpMyAdmin:
Code: [Select]
UPDATE messages SET body = REPLACE(body,'<#EMO_DIR#>','ipb_smileys');

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=477019.msg3411141#msg3411141

Now back to the small things that if possible to get fixed you would be an ANGEL!

I did notticed that instead of Forums/SubForums and topics now all the topics are in one main forum after the conversion. It does not bother me that much as it would take me probably 15-30 minutes to fix up all the structures etc, however just to mention the things I notticed.

The smileys in the topics work perfectly fine, however in the private messages they are still showing like this:

yourdomain.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongout.gif\' class=\'bbc_emoticon\' alt=\'\' /> instead of just the regular " :) " etc.

As I said, I do not really mind having that in the personal messages as all our users will understand the amount of work that needs to be done to fix all the major problems in the conversion so as far as the users still have their messages (even with such errors) they should be thankful ;)

One other thing that is strange is the fact that the imported topics are more in numbers as the original count in the IPB. I did my homework and it turns out that even having posts/topics erased because of a spam etc. the import somehow did import them too (as well as the spam users). I know it sounds weird as I did several times checked to make sure that the posts in question are deleted (spam users too!) but the import found them somehow and added them to the new board.

As far as our forum is for a small community having less than 400 users and bout 7000 topics, I would not mind walking around and deleting users/topics of question, so please consider this as a report of a 95% successful conversion, not as a critique or something... ;)

One last thing (also simple to be fixed in my case but probably can cause troubles with large forum boards) - the manually added smileys in IPB are not imported neither with images, nor with the bbcode and they appear like this:

I know you are my friend angel (where angel is the bbcode for an angel hugging image etc.)

To be honest, I did not applied your last tweak for the smileys and I know I would go simply and add those smileys myself in the newly converted SMF board but if someone has more emoticons/smileys, than I do not wish to be in their shoes.

Having all that said, so far all is perfectly fine and my wife (my main admin) is investigating any other problems that needs a fixup but to be honest I am FULLY (about 1000%) satisfied by the conversion and I know that you put a lot of efforts so after the final conversion I would like to do a small donation as a tiny reward for your hard work helping strangers to have their problems solver. I would also encourage everyone else to "buy a coffee" to this brave man that started fulfilling our dreams and let them come true...

Will keep you posted when I am done for accepted donation ways ;)

mikemastercorp

Oh, and one more thing - the already read topics by users are all marked as unread instead of the proper import of the Read/New topics/posts. I guess everybody should do their homework too and have some surfing around to fix this issue personally, however if there is a way to fix that by a query or something, I am here as a betta tester (please remember that any tries would do no harm to my actual board as so far it is only a testing conversion so even if I have to redo it a dozen of times I am prepared for it).

Strange situation arises with some users passwords - if someone used a simple word as a password (for example 'password') a message appear during the log in time: "Security permissions have recently changes" Please log in again. After few unsuccessful log ins, the board is offering to recover the passwords.

Any ideas or thoughts about fix-up are welcome ;)

Advertisement: