News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pages freeze even when fully loaded.

Started by ~Souza~, May 18, 2012, 07:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Souza~

Quote from: Storman on May 19, 2012, 02:43:23 PM
Those "Recent Posts" are big queries that eat a lot, and heaps of boards don't help.

I'm not saying that's the issue but they add to the burden.

Out of interest have you tried optimising your database ?

Also, I'd still be interested in your general CPU loading (if only to discount it).

Yes, I have optimized the database and everything else in the list of maintenance. I'll see if I can empty out the recent posts, but I doubt that's the problem.

You have 16 CPUs; therefore, these CPU percentages are divided by 16 to indicate the true percentage of all CPU power used.

User ▾   Domain   % CPU   % MEM   MySQL Processes
DELAYED      0.00   0.00   0.7
dovecot      0.00   0.00   0.0
eximstats      0.00   0.00   0.1
leechprotect      0.00   0.00   0.0
mailman      0.00   0.00   0.0
mailnull      0.00   0.00   0.0
michaelj   michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com   1.93   1.08   2.2
mjaol   michaelsarmyoflove.com   0.01   0.00   0.0
mysql      0.31   1.46   0.0
named      0.00   0.10   0.0
nobody      0.00   0.01   0.0
root      0.05   3.92   1.9
unauthenticated      0.00   0.00   0.1

User   Domain   % CPU   Process
Top Processes
michaelj   michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com   93.0   /usr/bin/php /home/michaelj/public_html/index.php
michaelj   michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com   91.0   [php]
michaelj   michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com   89.0   [php]
mysql      6.3   /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/vps.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com.pid --skip-external-locking
mysql      5.9   /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/vps.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com.pid --skip-external-locking
mysql      5.8   /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/vps.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com.pid --skip-external-locking
mjaol   michaelsarmyoflove.com   4.2   /usr/bin/php /home/mjaol/public_html/forum/index.php
root      39.8   gzip -f -
mjaol   michaelsarmyoflove.com   32.0   [php]
mailnull      2.0   /usr/sbin/exim -bd -q1h
root      16.0   /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/gather-update-logs --timestamp 1337401442 --version-before 11.32.2.25

Storman™

QuoteI'll see if I can empty out the recent posts, but I doubt that's the problem.

Thats not what I meant, basically querying and displaying them eats your resources

QuoteYes, I have optimized the database

Actually I didn't mean optimise the tables, I meant optimising things like your Table_cache and Key_buffer_size in    /etc/my.cnf

(my fault should have been more specific  ::) )

NanoSector

Quote from: Storman on May 19, 2012, 03:24:19 PM
QuoteI'll see if I can empty out the recent posts, but I doubt that's the problem.

Thats not what I meant, basically querying and displaying them eats your resources
Just like cookies! :P

No but really, it doesn't just eat your resources, it for one slows the place down (y'all know where the slowdown here comes from ;D *cough*meDDOSsingthebutton*cough*) and also leaves clutter.

QuoteYes, I have optimized the database

Actually I didn't mean optimise the tables, I meant optimising things like your Table_cache and Key_buffer_size in    /etc/my.cnf

(my fault should have been more specific  ::) )
If you have access to that file, that is.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

~Souza~

Oh, the ones on the homepage? But they have been there forever. I could make that visible just for logged in members though, maybe that helps?

nend

I noticed the load time was slow too, so optimization can be done there also.

I am not noticing the lag though when the page is fully loaded and I try to scroll now.  ;)

Still need allot of work, your site is far from optimized or someone else on your VPS is using all the resources. Considering you have a VPS your speed should at least be allot better.

nend

Quote from: ~Souza~ on May 19, 2012, 03:31:18 PM
Oh, the ones on the homepage? But they have been there forever. I could make that visible just for logged in members though, maybe that helps?

You can catch the recent post array for each group combination, this is the way I do it on my board index.

~Souza~

Oh, I bet it could be optimized, but I'm already happy I could get it online and edit it. So if people could help me with that, much appreciated.

~Souza~

PS, the speed was amazingly fast just a few days ago. I just don't get it since I never changed anything.

Storman™

QuotePS, the speed was amazingly fast just a few days ago. I just don't get it since I never changed anything.

You could always ask your host to migrate your VPS to a different node as one of your "neighbours" could be responsible. However, I'm not sure thats the issue in this case, more likely what's been mentioned above.

Advertisement: