News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Shop Mod Idea

Started by Fog, May 18, 2012, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fog

SA, we have SA Shop on our site.

However we have members that have asked me to see if there was a way to buy an item and have that money not go back to the bank or disappear.

I host a Sports Forum and we have our own Forum called "Bar and Grill"

Our members have suggested an idea that would allow them to buy a beer throught the Shop Mod and have the Money go to the Bar and Grill.  Then have a stat that shows how much the B&G made money wise.

One of our ideas was to create a store and name it what you like, such as you do with catagories.  Then create shop items that you can put into these stores and when you buy something from that store, the store gets the credit instead of the money just disappearing.

TheListener

Is this supposed to be for SA regarding the shop mod?

Fog

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 18, 2012, 09:55:11 PM
Is this supposed to be for SA regarding the shop mod?

Mostly SA, but if anyone knows how to create a mod like this I'm all ears.

TheListener

Have you considered sending SA a pm regarding this?

Fog

I don't know how SA feels about PM's. It makes sense to do that, do you think SA wouldn't mind?

Fog

TheListener

Quote from: Fog on May 19, 2012, 01:59:36 PM
I don't know how SA feels about PM's. It makes sense to do that, do you think SA wouldn't mind?

Fog

You can but try.

Fog

Old Fossil, Not sure I got SA attention.  I'll see if I can't hack up his Shop Mod and make my own Mod. 

Anyone supporting the Battle Game?

Fog

I'm looking for a custom SA Shop item

Right now there is one item you can buy and it increases your post count.

However what I'm looking for is an item that will increase the catagories "Sold Count"

I'm thinking you can do it one of two ways or both.

when you buy an item from a catagory it would show up in the stats that that catagory has had a certain amount of items bought from it.

or show a dollar amount for each catagory, in other words if the item was $5 and you bought 10 of them the catagory would display $50 spent on items and then it would be displayed under stats.

Kinda of a vague idea just because I'm not sure on how to word it right to get across my idea.

Advertisement: