News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hello help me pls

Started by miyukioka, May 20, 2012, 12:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miyukioka

I dont know how to remove the Logo of HanamiRO at the upper left corner of the website. Can somebody help me to remove it? Thank you.

TheListener

Where did the theme come from?

Have you spoken to the themes author?

Which versionof smf is used?

TheListener

What is the link to the forum?

* Old Fossil is getting forgetful

miyukioka

Hi I already send the website to your email. Thank you Old fossil :)

kat

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 20, 2012, 12:48:33 PM
Where did the theme come from?

It's not one of ours. So, we can only make wild guesses unless we get the link you asked for.

TheListener

Quote from: miyukioka on May 20, 2012, 01:21:15 PM
Hi I already send the website to your email. Thank you Old fossil :)

Please include the link in your next post.

I do NOT accept support pms which is stated quite clearly within my signature.

kat

If you look at the screeny, the site's on that. :)

Not much help, though, coz the image isn't coded in the normal way.

No image url showing.

As that doesn't appear to be on our theme site, I'm not sure how we can figure this one out.

Have a look in the theme's /images/custom directory, for "logo.png".

I think it's that.

However, if you go to Admin>Server settings and leave "Forum Title" blank, it might get rid of it. If you do that, though, all of your themes will be affected.

There's a section of code, in index.css, which shows that logo, I believe. Might be better to edit that out, so that it only affects that theme.

MrPhil

Somewhere in your .php files, probably index.template.php for your theme, you will find code producing the following segment:

<div id="header">
<h1 id="logo">
<a class="pngbg2" href="http://myforums.hanamiro.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c8ac9f08bd747837db22245a2674af62&amp;">BattleCombatRO - MyForums</a>
</h1>
</div>

It may look something like

echo '
<div id="header">
<h1 id="logo">
<a class="pngbg2" href="'. $forum_URL_stuff . '">$title</a>
</h1>
</div>';

Anyway, classes "header", "logo", and "pngbg2" are your target.

This is a <h1> which uses a background image defined in .pngbg2 (class) and shoves the text (your forum title) way off to the side. You might try commenting out the code to output the <h1> tag, which should leave some gap below the tool bar, or even get rid of the <div> too, which I think will bring the main content body right up to the tool bar. If the resulting gap is too large or small, you'll have to play with the CSS to add 10px or 20px of margin-top to #content.

It will take some experimentation and trial-and-error to get the effect you want. Just make sure you keep good notes and/or good backups of the files you change, so you can back out any changes if you screw up.

I think it's a nice logo. If you don't like the amount of space it's taking up (vertically), perhaps it could be moved to the right end of the tool bar? You might have to make the bar a little taller to fit it. The CSS to float it to the right end could be interesting.

Advertisement: