The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cann

Started by IAATI, October 14, 2014, 07:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAATI

Hi All,

I'm trying to upload pdf to a forum i have taken over as webmaster last month and am getting this message.

An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

I have search the forum and tryed adding file /temp in packages with access, but no luck

any ideas????

Thanks

Luke

kat

Let's try the obvious, first...

Is the "attachments" directory write-enabled? Do you have enough room left, on the server? Have you allowed PDF attachments, in your attachment settings?

IAATI

Hi,

Attachments
Smileys
Themes
are all set to 777, so yes

Yes i have enough space,

i have allowed doc,gif,jpg,mpg,pdf,png,txt,zip (do thiese need to be .pdf,.jpeg etc.?

attachment directory is set to /iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments which is taken from filezilla (copy url)

Any tips!

kat

I believe that some servers don't like 777. :(

Try going to Admin>Packages>File permissions and setting that to the "Standard" profile. (You might need to wait, a while, for that to propagate through)

IAATI

Thnak you,

Is there any way i can give you temp access to ftp and forum for you to take a look?

i have those settings as described

Luke

kat

Not really, no. Well, you could, of course, by PM. But, if you've done what I suggested, there's nothing more I can do. I suspect you'll need to contact your host, to get them to ensure that you have full CHOWN ownership of all of the files and directories on your site.

IAATI

It's via 1&1 and have never had issues with them before.

I feel it may have somethign to do witht he path, can you confrim that is the file location on ftp is:

sftp://u*******@www.iaati.org.uk/iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments

(* is for numbers)

the admin path should be set to /iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments

Luke

kat

Hmmm... I know that SMF and Wordpress don't, always, play well together. I doubt that that's what's affecting this, though. If you're with 1&1, I know a lot of people who've had exactly this problem, with them (I wouldn't use them, if they paid me to, myself). They also seem to like to configure mod_security rather badly, too. So, it might be worth asking them to disable that, too.

IAATI

Hi K,

I have attached details of my phone call in a private message.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Luke

kat

IAATI

I'm still thinking it's got something to with the path (please see attached)

it says path does not exist, it must be that i not put it in right???? please see previous mention of what i put in the path in realtion to ftp url

Thnaks,

Luke

Burke ♞ Knight

Okay, if that's the issue, it means that you need to find the exact path, and enter it there.

IAATI

I believe i have, pleas etell me if im wrong..

Filezilla FTP Path:

sftp://u*******@www.iaati.org.uk/iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments

(* is for numbers)

Admin Path:

/iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments

Burke ♞ Knight

No, would be something like this:

/home/*account_Name*/public_html/iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments (If the site is in the root of your account's html files directory)

/home/*account_Name*/public_html/iaati.org.uk/iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments (if domain has it's own directory)

IAATI

Burke ♞ Knight

More likely, what you use to log into your hosting account.
Go into your hosting account's control panel, and using their file manager, you can navigate directly to your attachments folder, and then get the path that way.

Another way:What is repair_settings.php?

IAATI

genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/homepages/35/d507436334/htdocs/iaatiwordpress/iaatimembersforum/attachments

its was completely different

FIXED FIXED FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement: