News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Where to Extract SMF Zip File?

Started by PleaseHelp, May 29, 2012, 04:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PleaseHelp

For marketing reasons (not discussing this), I am trying to keep the site unknown (for now). I can post screenprints of the default page and 404 with my domain erased. Will that do?

Colin

Let's see if that reveals anything -- yes please do.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

PleaseHelp

One browser shows a 404, while another browser shows a default website page for the same address - go figure.

PleaseHelp

I am VERY impressed by the speedy help offered in this thread. :) I have no doubt my SMF installation eventually could be resolved. But I can no longer afford more time and effort chasing this. I need this domain working with a forum sooner than eventually. So for now I'm getting a new host to handle a forum install for me. Of course no member posting here is to blame for this failed install and my incompetence. :) You SMF guys keep up the great work! I will post again if I stay with SMF and get a forum running. Bye for now.

Colin

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Colin

If you are still haven't fixed it I will be happy to manage the install for you at no cost. Sorry for the trouble.

Colin

kat

If you want me to take a look at what's going on, with this, feel free to send me a PM with FTP login details.

It'd be for the best, though, if you read this, before doing so:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

SNAP! :)

PleaseHelp

Quote from: K@ on May 31, 2012, 04:15:28 PM
If you want me to take a look at what's going on, with this, feel free to send me a PM with FTP login details.

It'd be for the best, though, if you read this, before doing so:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

SNAP! :)
As posted, I'm cutting my losses and moving forward with a new host etc., thanks anyway. Keep up the great work at SMF - the BEST I've seen.

kat

No sweat, mate!

If you decide to give SMF another try, you know where we are. ;)

Advertisement: