News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Posts isnt showing full

Started by vova1609, June 03, 2012, 08:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vova1609

Hello! On my forum posts are not showing full :( >:(. All users reports... :'(
My forum hasn't words limit. Please help.
http://wpdev.cu.cc

vova1609

vova1609

ApplianceJunk

Please be patient and wait 24 hours before bumping your topic.

Arantor

Backup then convert the forum to UTF-8, wherein all posts will work properly afterwards (you'll have to edit any existing posts, though)

vova1609

Quote from: Arantor on June 03, 2012, 11:37:21 AM
Backup then convert the forum to UTF-8, wherein all posts will work properly afterwards (you'll have to edit any existing posts, though)
How to convert?

Arantor

It's in the Admin > Maintenance > Database area.

vova1609

I have following error:
QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc desc blob NOT NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN module module tinyblob NOT NULL,
' at line 3
File: /home/u814542290/public_html/Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Line: 666

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.2, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
Please help me

Arantor

What mods do you have installed?

(And you DID take a backup first like I said, right?)

vova1609

Quote from: Arantor on June 03, 2012, 01:49:27 PM
What mods do you have installed?

(And you DID take a backup first like I said, right?)

SMFShop
Registered Links
Activity Bar
Karma Buttons
Advance Fake Guests n Users Online (Fake Online Time | S-Ace

Yes, I did. But I am really using database from 2.01 version. What should I do?

Arantor

First up, ignore that part of the error. The database did not change between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2, all it's telling me is that you installed it with 2.0.1 and have since upgraded to 2.0.2, nothing more.

Hmm, I don't recognise the table that it is referring to, unfortunately :/

vova1609

Quote from: Arantor on June 03, 2012, 02:35:36 PM
First up, ignore that part of the error. The database did not change between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2, all it's telling me is that you installed it with 2.0.1 and have since upgraded to 2.0.2, nothing more.

Hmm, I don't recognise the table that it is referring to, unfortunately :/
How to ignore? My database haven't converted to UTF8

Arantor

Ignore it as in 'the part of the error relating to the 2.0.1 database is actually irrelevant and wrong, just do not worry about it'.

The problem is you can't actually ignore the rest of the error, but the conversion code has a bug in it.

vova1609

Quote from: Arantor on June 04, 2012, 09:55:45 AM
Ignore it as in 'the part of the error relating to the 2.0.1 database is actually irrelevant and wrong, just do not worry about it'.

The problem is you can't actually ignore the rest of the error, but the conversion code has a bug in it.
Please tell me why posts isn't showing full on my forum.
Example: I want to create topic with text "Smf 2 Support site", then i submitted post and in topic i sea only: "Smf 2"

Colin

Arantor is attempting to help you. Please be patient as we are all volunteers.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

vova1609

I can't be patient because my forum is growing BUT users can't post!!! I tried to reinstall smf, but no results... Maybe problem in database

Arantor

I can't help you, to be honest. I don't recognise the tables you have, none of them seem to be related to the mods you have and the conversion code is actually broken anyway so even that won't help you.

Jade Elizabeth

What errors were in the log? Any? Arantor what's with his database?

I was looking at this earlier to see if maybe it could be something to do with CSS. Does this still happen on the default theme?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

It's not CSS related, it's the fact that it needs to be converted to UTF-8 to handle all the characters that need to be handled, but there's a mod or two that added tables I don't recognise and that cause the converter to choke on it.

Jade Elizabeth

Added tables or columns?

Can we not back up those tables, delete them, and add them again later?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: